Chapter 29 - Dreadful Shriek

[Y/n's pov]

I woke up, feeling slightly tired. Thomas spent the whole night in Pit, and yet, he ran  into the Maze this morning. Newt was still asleep, when I left his hammock. He was still holding my waist, so I gently got out of his grip, not waking him up. My first stop was my hut, making sure Teresa is okay.
,,Teresa? You there?" I asked lowly, knocking on the door slightly.
,,Coming." she responded, opening the door for me. I entered, as she closed them quickly.
,,Do you wanna stay through the day with me?" I asked, sitting on the bed.
,,Will Thomas be with us?" she asked. I looked at her, smiling slightly.
,,No, Thomas is runner. He won't spend much time in Glade now." I explained.
,,Okay I'll be with you." she said, and I laughed. ,,I'm sorry, this sounds like you are the second option, but that's-" she started and I raised my hand.
,,Don't worry about that." I said, letting my hand fall. ,,I was literally glued to Newt." I admitted, as she smiled.
,,Was he the first you-"
,,Talked to? Yeah." I interrupted her. She sat on the bed in front of me.
,,That is little scary and insane." she laughed.
,,Yeah, I mean like, we even both kicked a same guy." I laughed with her. I never realized, how much I needed a girl friend in this place. I always thought having all the guys around, was perfect, but being finally able to have a chat with girl, is great.
,,So, what is you job here?" she asked.
,,I'm Med-jack, with Jeff, the guy you kicked yesterday, and Clint. They mostly creep around together." I explained. ,,But I think all we need to do today is take care of Alby. If the serum the creators sent up here with you, won't work, Gally will try to get Alby banished." I told her, completely honest.
,,I have strange feeling about that guy."
,,Gally's not that bad, he's just," I paused, who is Gally? ,,well for sure, he wants to be the main here, and he just somehow hates Thomas. It doesn't make sense." I laughed, Teresa joining in after while.

,,Is he going to be okay?" Teresa asked after while, we were silently sitting in Alby's room. I rose to my feet, walking to him.
,,See those veins?" I asked, pointing on his side. Purple and greenish veins covering his side like webs, but slowly fading. She nodded. ,,Well, they are fading now, normally, it took for about 3 days for a Griever serum to work, but it looks like the serum they sent up here with you is stronger." I explained, pressing two fingers to Alby's neck, making sure his heartbeat is steady. ,,And normally we used the serum in like first few hours of infection, but Alby spent whole night in Maze infected." I said, looking at his face, watching as his face traveled under his closed lids.
Teresa was sitting there silently.

We spent most of the day chatting. I taught Tess how to find pulse. On wrist and on neck. Checking Alby's once in while. It was slowly getting late. I looked out of the window seeing almost everyone standing at the door.
,,Tess, I'm so sorry, could you stay here with Alby? I need to find out what is happening." I said, turning to Teresa anxiously.
,,Sure, if it helps." she said slowly, sounding little confused.
,,Thanks. Should I call Jeff or Clint to you, or you'll stay here by yourself?" I asked.
,,It's okay. Go." she urged me. I smiled at her quickly, leaving the room, running to the door.
,,What's wrong?" I asked the moment I ended up next to Clint.
,,Who's with Alby?" he asked instead.
,,Teresa. What's wrong?!" I repeated again, this time more urgently.
,,We are waiting for Greenie. He thinks he's the best thing that could happen to this Glade." said Gally. ,,I don't know what he's trying to prove. We need to banish Alby, before he goes crazy." continued Gally. I found Newt in the crowd.
,,Alby's getting much better! The stuff Tess bought with her is much stronger." I argued turning to Gally, burning his ass up with my glare.
,,Tess? You don't know that girl!" he scoffed. I let disbelieving gasp out.
,,And yet, she's so much more bet-" I wasn't able to finish, as Minho and Thomas entered the Glade.

,,Did you find something?" Newt asked quickly. I turned to face them.
,,New section of the Maze, I never was there. We think it's way out." Minho said.
,,Where is it?" Chuck asked.
,,I think the Grievers live there during day." Thomas answered honestly.
,,So like Griever hole?" I asked. My eyes jumping in between Newt, Thomas and Minho. These three must be very powerful trio.
,,Yeah, exactly." admitted Thomas, my eyes widening.
,,Are you suggesting we go straight into Grievers house?!" freaked out Chuck.
,,I dunno-" answered Thomas, and before he could continue, he was cut off by Gally.
,,Yeah! Again!" Gally started.
,,Gally chill out." I said coldly towards him.
,,My point is, he did something and doesn't know what! You have been here for three days Greenie, three days! I've been here for three years!" Gally yelled at Thomas, who was ignoring him and walking away, with everyone following him.
,,Yeah! You have been here for three years and you are still here! What does it tell you?!" Thomas turned to face Gally, yelling at him too.
,,Guys," sounded quiet voice next to Thomas and Gally. They continued to argue, ignoring Teresa's calm tries to gain their attention. ,,Guys!" she yelled, everyone turning to face her, with shocked expression. I smiled. ,,It's Alby, he woke up." she said, these five words breaking the argument as Thomas, Minho, Gally, Chuck and Newt, who caught my wrist, and I don't even know nor care, if knowingly or not, headed straight to the Med-hut. Teresa right at my heels. We entered as Alby was sitting down as depressed pole of klunk. I turned to Newt, who let go of my wrist, coming to Alby, bending to be in his eye level.
,,Alby, are you alright?" he asked his accent sending me shivers, even though I listened his voice everyday.
,,Thomas." was all our stung Keeper said. I saw Newt gulp, as he backed of, his eyes fixed on his friend. Thomas went to Alby, sitting on his heels, looking into older boy's eyes.
,,Alby, we did it, we found way out." Thomas said, sounding slightly cheerfully, but it was slowly fading as he was watching Alby.
,,No." said Alby shortly. His head hanging low.
,,We found it, we can leave this place." Thomas continued.
,,We can't, they won't let us." continued Alby.
,,What do you mean?" asked Thomas again.
,,I remember. And I remember you." Alby said, raising his head, fixing his gaze at Thomas, few tears falling from his eyes. ,,You were their favorite! Why did they send you up?" he asked, more like himself, as Thomas backed off. Someone opened the door quickly.
,,Guys! The Gates aren't closing!" said Clint. Newt was first to leave the room. I followed right behind. Thomas, Chuck, Minho, Teresa and Gally soon after us, as we all watched Gladers panicking running around with lighted torches. We looked out into the Maze, as we heard a dreadful shriek from inside.