Chapter 12 - Greenie

[Y/n's pov.]

When the sirens start, every single Glader went to the Box. I just followed them and met with Newt halfway.

,,New Greenie?" I asked. He just nodd. Being Med-jack isn't that hard as I thought.
,,Let's send (Y/n) down there." says one of many Gladers.
,,What, why?" asks Newt, looking puzzled.
,,She's Keeper of Med-jacks and girl. Like come on Newt don't tell me you would rather see Gally's face than (Y/n's)."
,,True!" yells few of the Gladers.
,,Of course everyone would like to see (Y/n's) face that anybody's." yells Gally. I can feel the heat in my cheecks. And I try to go to the Box to greet the Greenie.
,,Wait," says quietly Newt, grabing my wrist, so only I can hear him ,,I don't think it's really good idea." he says.
,,Don't worry Newtie. I'll be just fine." I answer with little wink and soft smile, while still feeling his touch on my skin even tho he let go of me.

,,Hello there." I say to Greenie as I jump down. Out of nowhere tall guy stands in front of me, with smirk on his face and checking me up and down. I can't say a word, because few seconds ago, he was hiding in the darkest corner of the Box and I would bet my shoe he was crying.
,,Hi darling." he says raising up and down his eyebrows quickly. ,,Is this place full of pretty ladies like you?" he asks and I'm trying to remember the guy who was sobbing few seconds ago.
,,No not really. Ac-" before I can even continue, he grabs me by my waist to pull me so close to him, that I can see all the sews on his shirt.
,,Then I should make you mine." he smirks even more. I try to get away from him and that's when all the Gladers that are up in Glade start to scream.
,,Let her go!"
,,He should go to the pit!"
,,Greenie and aleady breaking the rules!"
,,Get your hands off of her!"
,,She already has someone!"
And that's when it all goes badly. But right before, I can see most of his confidence fade away.
,,Don't let go she's hoe!"
,,Don't you dare talk about her like that!" says British voice
,,She's got already 3 guys!"
,,You need to wait for your turn."
,,Slim it everyone!" yells Alby out of his lungs. That's when the Greenie let's go of me. ,,Get them up." orders Alby. They pull me out first and then the Greenie. As the boys land me gently on the ground, I start turning around to look for Newt. When I finally see his dark chocolate eyes I start to push my way through all the Gladers trying to get to Greenie.
,,Hi." I says as I get to him.
,,I said that you shouldn't go there." says Newt.
,,It's alright." I say calmly.
,,No it's not, you should be treated with all the respect." stands to his arguments Newt. I smile at him. Newt has always been gentleman to me. I really like how kind and sweet he is to everyone. I actually have an urge to hug him again, but Imma not do it.
,,Maybe they will one day." I answer smiling at him noticing his soft look in his eyes.
,,You shouldn't be here." he says after he breaks eye contact.
,,No one should be here." I reply simply.
,,You two, back to work. (Y/n) I'm sorry, but you need to give a tour to our Greenie." Alby says as he gets to us, Greenie right behind him. I close my eyes, then I feel Newt's arm on my shoulder and quickly sliding down.
,,See ya later." he says when he's out of reach. I can only feel my skin burning with the memory of his touch.

***

,,So yeah, this is Glade. Your new home Greenie." I say, when we end up, next to the Box again. ,,Alby told you the rules?" I ask, facing him amd smiling softly.
,,You guys have rules?" he asks looking me into the eyes. I just roll my eyes.
,,Yeah, four actually." I say before telling him the rules.

,,Hey! (Y/n)! We are having bonefire today!" yells Gally while holding big bowl full of his special drink.
,,Nice!" I yell back with honest smile.
,,Also Alby wants to see you." says Gally and heads away.
,,Alright, Greenie, any questions?" I ask turning to the new guy again.
,,You single?" he asks, and as soon as he notices my look he raises his hands in defence. ,,I'm kidding!" I roll my eyes, turning away.
,,See you around Greenie!" I say as I go find Alby. I go straight to the homestead, because I thinks he's gonna be there. And I'm right.

,,Hey Albs." I greet as I enter.
,,Hey, um, a box for you came in Box with Greenie." he says as he turns to face me.
,,Nice, where is it?" I ask excited.
,,Newt's room, since your hut isn't done yet." he says.
,,Thanks." I smile and leave upstairs.

As I open door to Newt's/mine room, someone is laying on the bed. It's kinda funny, I live in this room for a two weeks now, but still it's not my room. I'm not angry, it's just funny.
,,Hello?" I say, not knowing who's on the bed.
No answer, just steady breathing. I come little bit closer recognizing the blond hair. I smile and go back to the box. I open it up, and it's full of clothes.

,,OMG, thank you." I say to the Creators, even tho there is really small chance that they'll hear me here. I look at Newt and then take some clean jeans and shirt from box, changing quickly. But even tho it's full of clothes, there is no sigh of hoodie. I notice a brush and I brush my hair, feeling good in clean clothes and brushed hair.

Once again, I look at sleeping Newt smiling a little and leaving the room to get some diner.