Chapter 32 - Welcome

[Y/n's pov.]

I sit straight, Newt's arm still around my waist, his fingers slightly dived into my skin. Thomas fell asleep, but I couldn't. I watched the outside world. It's scary place, scary and sandy. I got more nervous when the helicopter started landing. And I wasn't the only one.
,,Okay, you need to get ready, we will run, there are things outside, you don't wanna meet." said the man, who never introduced himself. I turned my face to Newt, who did the same, pulling me slightly closer. We landed with small bump as the man yelled order. The door on side opened and they pushed us out, yelling at us to run to the door. Some guards were running with us, as other were shooting into the scorched zone. I lost Newt in this chaos and turned around, trying to see what the guards were shooting at, but they just pushed me to continue my run. Thomas met up with us inside the building, where huge, metal door were closed right behind us. Some guards pushed lever, that locked them up. I turned around, noticed Newt. We all were inside. I came closer to Newt, linking our hands again. Minho came to my other side and took my hand into his.

,,Welcome." said a man. He came to us from some hall. I was looking around the great hall. He reminded me of someone, his long, rat like face. I scanned every millimeter of his face, my eyes half closed. Everyone was watching him, judging him. ,,Come with me." he continued, not waiting for a response. Then he turned on his heel, going through noisy metal halls. ,,Please, go in." he gestured for us to go inside some room. I hesitated, but eventually was pushed inside the room by guards. The moment we were all inside, they shut the door and locked them.

,,Great." said Minho. I turned around, looking at the room. My eyes landed on table, with some small foods. I rushed to it, sitting down, filling my mouth with some grapes.
,,Oh God." I said with my mouth full, as slowly everyone else sat dow, filling their mouths with all sort of small food they had here. ,,Fry! Catch!" I said, raising grape, throwing it into Fry's direction. He opened his mouth, catching the grape. We cheered loudly, laughing. We never had this sort of fun. Fry continued what I started and threw grape on Teresa, but he missed, and it hit her cheek. She laughed and threw some other food at him. Right after that, a massive food fight started. We were throwing food one at another, laughing, covering ourselves with silver plates. The floor and table were mess, but we had the time of our lives, laughing, enjoying this moment. Rice, grapes and everything small was flying through the air.

,,I don't know who these guys are, but they have good food." said Fry, eating and apple, as we sat down in the back of the room, away from the mess. Newt sat on some full bag, his back leaned agains a pilar. I sat in between his legs, resting my back against his chest. One his hand around my shoulder, slightly touching his other hand, as he played with his fingers few centimeters away from my chest.
,,Who are they really tho? I mean, we don't know anything about them." said Teresa, sitting, her head slightly leaned against Newt's raised leg. I turned my head from Thomas to her, so I could look at her as she spoke.
,,Well we know they are no friends of WICKED." said Newt, his accent hitting me, his chest falling and raising with every breath he took.
,,That's good enough for me." said Minho, who was laying on table. We all turned our heads to look at him, as he rose himself on his elbow. ,,You guys think too much, we're free, let's enjoy it." he suggested and then looked at Thomas, as I followed his gaze.
Thomas was about to say something, the locked door opened, as the Ratman came in. Minho sat up, and Teresa sat straighter.
,,I'm sorry about the waiting. My name is Janson. Come with me, we will get you some more food." he said, as his eyes laid on the mess on the ground and table. I hold in laughter, bitting my lips. ,,But first, we will get y'all cleaned and checked up." he said, stepped aside, to let us go through the door. We all got up, leaving with Janson, to unknown places.

Janson stopped in huge room, all the walls full of tiles and high walls, also tiled, separating the single showers. Each had a shower curtain.
,,Okay, there is small space behind the curtain for your new clothes," said Janson, pointing to piled up clothes on counter. ,,and dump for your common clothes." he said, and then looked at me and Teresa. ,,Are you sure you don't want to use separate bathroom?" he asked, as he already had at least two times.
,,I'm sure." I said, as every time before. Teresa looked from me to Janson, before nodding. Janson looked pissed, but let us stay with boys. When he first suggested me and Teresa leaving them, they argued about us coming together and staying together. He stopped them quickly, saying he didn't care about their opinions, because this decision was on me and Tess.
I stepped on the tiled floor, barefoot. I covered the space with my shower curtain, hiding from Janson and the guards. I got grey jeans, white tight shirt, underwear and some sneakers. Also a two towels, one for body other for hair. I took off my clothes, throwing them into the bin, as slowly around me, water started running. I stepped under the shower head, preparing myself for cold shower. I stayed still for a while, adjusting to the cold water hitting every available millimeter of my body. I looked at the other faucet, confused, reaching for it, spinning with it lightly. The water got warmer with how much I spun the faucet. I stopped turning it when a steam was coming up from my shower part, as I was enjoying the feeling of warm water hitting my body.

,,Guys!" I yelled, putting on soap.
,,Is everything alright?" asked Minho and Newt in union.
,,They have warm water!" I informed, washing off the bubbles on my body. Seven faucets were turn, as steam started coming up from other shower parts. Few gasps and mutters of excitement.
After while I stopped the water, drying my body, putting on my clothes, before moving away the curtain while still drying out my hair. Janson waited, and when we all met up, he headed away again.
I waited a while, meeting with Newt, smiling immediately as I saw him. He wore brown pants with long sleeved blue shirt, sleeves lighter than the rest of the shirt.
,,Hi." I said, when we were walking side to side.
,,Hey love." he replied and moved a lack of my wet hair behind my ear. I blushed and turned slightly away. Then I grabbed his pinky with mine, and continued to walk through unknown halls.
  ,,This looks good, doesn't it?" I asked after while of silence, still following Janson's steps.
,,It looks like we got lucky and this can be a fresh start." Newt smiled at me. I couldn't resist his smile and smiled.
,,Okay, before I let you in, let me clear something." Janson said, stopping in front of huge double winged doors. ,,You all will be checked, every one will have own doctor, and you have nothing to worry, they are professionals." he continued looking at everyone. ,,After they are done, you all will go to cafeteria, where you can eat some more," it looked like my stomach understood, as it made loud noise.
,,Sorry." I muttered.
,,Anyways, after the end of dinner time, you will be led to your rooms." he said, and turned around to open the door.
,,I'm sorry, but rooms? Like with a s at the end? More than one?" asked Minho. I didn't notice.
,,Yes one for girls, other for boys." Janson explained calmly.
,,No way I'm leaving them." I said stubbornly.
,,Yeah, you are." said Janson.
,,She's not. She'll stay with us." said Winston.
,,You really wanna be willing with six guys in one room?" he asked, closing his eyes a little.
,,I was with like twenty, or more, I dunno, at Glade for six months!" I said raising my voice slightly.
,,With all due respect sir, Janson, whatever, but we respect this girl, and we would never do anything that would hurt her." Fry said, burning Janson like a bacon.
,,And if we would try she would probably kick our asses." Minho pointed out.
,,You are acting like we can't wait to hurt my sister or Teresa!" Thomas bursted.
,,You two are related?" something about Janson's question, makes me think he already knew that.
,,Yes. But still, if Teresa and Y/n want to sta-"
,,That's enough. I heard enough, they can stay with you in room if they want to. Just get checked up already." said Janson, hanging his head low, shaking it in disagreement, before opening door, letting us in.

***
Hello!
I'm sorry I didn't post for a long time, but I am struggling with writing The Scorch Trials of my Gladergirl fanfic.
Anyways, hope you like and enjoy this story ❤️😄