Chapter 31 - Bloody Inspired

[Y/n's pov.]

Thomas turned to face everyone.
,,Okay let's go!" ordered Thomas and ran into the Maze, with Minho by his side, everyone else following his lead. We ran through the high, huge halls. This was first time I was in the Maze since the day WICKED, threw me in. Newt was limping. He was trying to keep up with Thomas, but he was struggling. I always slowed slightly, so he wouldn't notice.
,,Newt, are you alright?" I asked, running slower next to him.
,,I'm alright. Come on, we should run faster." he said speeding up as much as his lip allowed him to.
,,I am running slower for you." I muttered to myself, shaking my head slightly, speeding up, running next to Newt again.
Thomas stopped, raising hand to stop everyone in front of another turn.
,,What's wrong?" Clint asked as everyone stopped.
,,There are Grievers. We need a plan." Thomas said.
,,How many?" Teresa asked.
,,Two." Minho said.
,,That's fight able, right?" Jeff said.
,,Sure, but we need to get to the door behind them. Chuck, Teresa you-"
,,And Y/n." Newt interrupted Thomas.
,,Chuck, Teresa and Y/n, you will take the key and open the door, everyone else, we have to fight."
,,Shouldn't someone give us pep talk, or something like that?" Clint asked and I turned to face him.
,,Sure. Be careful, don't die." Minho said, sounding serious.
,,Great, we're all bloody inspired." said Newt, rolling his eyes, but tightening his grip on the spear. Few muffled laughs sounded.
,,Newt, I-"
,,Will see you in bit." Newt cut me off, grabbing my cheek, pressing our lips together. I melted with the touch of his hot lips.
,,Don't forget, you promised to be always by my side." I reminded him, when we parted, our lips only millimeters away. He laughed into my lips.
,,Of course princess."
,,Let's go!" yelled Thomas again as many Gladers started yelling like group of warriors, Newt being part of them. I waited with Teresa and Chuck, before we ran into the battle mess, that was happening in Maze hall, that had edges ending with endless darkness.
We ran, trying to dodge everything. Chuck in between me and Tess. I looked around, everything looked like slowed down by the battle happening. Part of Gladers pushing one Griever over the edge into endless darkness, the rest of them battling the other with much more struggles. It was waving around itself with it's tail, knocking some Gladers away. It hit Chuck, as he felt backwards, the key flying from his hands.
,,Chuck!" Teresa and I yelled. He rose to his feet, running to the key, as it started to fall over the edge. He laid on the ground, reaching for it.
,,I got it!" he informed, before he screamed in terror. Me and Teresa running to him, pulling him up.
,,Guys! There are more! And they are coming!" I yelled, and gently pushed, bow standing, Chuck and Teresa towards the exit, taking my machete and spear, getting ready.
,,What are you doing?!" Newt yelled.
,,Fighting!" I yelled back, diving my machete into Griever's slimy body as it got over the edge. I ripped down, opening it. It felt backwards, as more Grievers started showing up. They were closing on us, and we backed to the door.
,,It won't open." Teresa yelled. ,,Thomas! There's code!"
,,How many digits?" Thomas yelled back, battling another Grievers.
,,8!"
,,8 sections of the Maze.. hey Minho! What's the sequence?!" Thomas yelled, still battling with Grievers.
,,What?!" Minho yelled as he pushed another Griever little away.
,,Maze sequence, how the sections open!" Thomas explained. Griever took my spear, snapping it in half.
,,Seven! One! Five! Two!" Minho was cut off by Jeff.
,,Watch out!" as we were backing of a Griever fell from top, falling on top of Minho.
,,Minho!" yelled Thomas and Newt, yet Jeff was first to move. He dived his spear in the top of Grievers head. It backed of, biting Jeff.
,,Jeff!" Winston yelled, as Fry caught him.
,,Six! Four! Eight! Three!" Minho finished, as Fry threw his spear at Grievers. They backed off little, closing at us again. They the small parting walls started to fall down, few of them crushing Grievers. We all backed in the small space, as last Griever was still attacking, when Newt threw his spear, as the wall crushed the Griever.
Then the door closed, and everything went black.
,,Newt?" I whispered, but my voice echoed through the small stone space.
,,Right here." said a British next to me, connecting our hands, his fingers around mine. ,,Right next to you, as I promised." he whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my body.
The door on the other side opened slightly. Teresa pushed them open more, as the slight shine blinded us.
We climbed out of the small space, into a huge hall. It was nothing like Maze halls, these were full of metal. As we stepped out, the lights started to light up, showing us long corridors. All of us exchanged looks as Thomas lead us into the unknown.