Chapter 9 - Untitalent like I am

[Y/n's pov.]

As I sit down with my breakfast. Newt sits next to me and on the other side Alby.

,,How was night?" Alby asks.
,,Fine." I answer not looking up. But I can feel Newt looking at me.
,,Minho was there?" Fry asks and I raise my head with this question.
,,Yeah, he was." I say looking into my food again.
,,So, today you are with me." Gally says looking at me. I know he saved me from that topic.
,,Cool." I answer and start eating again.

,,So I'm one of the builders-" I hear Gally saying to me, while he's walking towards the woods. I'm still with Newt, as I notice Gally walking away I wave at him and run to Gally. ,,let's see, if you are going to be one of us."
,,Good that. Hope it's not that hard as being slicer." I laugh a little about memory of yesterdays try.
,,Don't worry, tbh I don't really think you are going to be a builder, and I don't mean it in bad way."
,,Don't worry I got it."
,,Alright then, uh, I really dunno what you should do..."
,,Hi, so you are (Y/n)?" some blonde boy asked.
,,Yeah, yeah, that's me." I answer. ,,And you are?" I ask quickly.
,,I'm Ben, I'm actually a runner, but I have a free day today, so I need to work somewhere." he answers. I just nod and try to go to Gally, to get to know what I should do. ,,So you and Minho huh?" Ben asks and I look at him.
,,Excuse me?"
,,You and Minho, aren't you a thing?"
,,No! We are not."
,,So you are still single." he says with a little grin. Then he steps closer and wraps his hand around my waist. I try to back off.

,,(Y/n)?" I hear accented voice say. Then I feel him wraping his hand around my wrist and leading me away from Ben. As soon as we are out of reach, he lets go of my hand. ,,I'm sorry, but you seemed kinda... uncomfortable.."
,,Yeah, yeah, I was. He asked if me and Minho are thing and then though I'm single and he can score or so I guess." I explain. But I think he didn't do that just because I looked kinda uncomfortable.
,,I'm sorry,"
,,Don't be."
,,Yeah, but you need to be here in Glade full of stupid teenage boys..."
,,I've got you." I try to whisper it.
,,What?" Newt asks with a little smile. I believe that he heard me, but dunno.
,,Nothing."
,,Good that princess." he says with a smile, small smile, but still and I bite on my bottom lip.

,,Greenie!" I turn around to see Gally running towards us. ,,You are not really gonna become builder if you are going to be around with this blondie." I scratch the back of my neck.
,,Sorry Gal, I was, uh I mean-"
,,Ben acted like piece of klunk." Newt says.
,,Yeah, he catched me so I couldn't follow you and Newt saved me."
,,Alright then, let's go (Y/n). Bye Newt." Gally said and turned around. I waved at Newt again and rushed to be right behind Gally.

,,So, um, normally we are not so busy-"
,,So you are like the lazy group here, got it."
,,No, we always have something to do, but it's nothing special." I just nod, because Gally was just looking at me. ,,So, uh, we still have to built you a shelter and if you wouldn't agree to shower, we would have to built another shower too. But right now we are focusing on working with wood."
,,Okay.? Show me what I should do." I say and smile at him kindly.

As I sit down with lunch, Gally sits right next to me. After a while Newt and Alby comes. And then others. Gally's laughing, but I have no idea how.
,,(Y/n) you have a paint on your cheek." Newt says.
,,What? Gally you piece of klunk!" I say pushing Gally a little, laughing.
,,You didn't know?" Alby asks.
,,Of course I didn't know, how could I. Where is the paint Newt?" I ask with soft smile.
,,Right here." he points at some place on his cheek and I rub the same spot of mine. ,,No, the other side." he laughs a little, so I rub the other side.
,,Good?" I ask turning my cheek to him. He rolls his eyes and reach out for my cheek and rub it with his thumb. I feel the red in my face, it feels like my face is burning. Bitting on my bottom lip.
,,Better." he smiles at me. And I notice the little red in his face.
,,Thanks mom." I say and the Gladers around laughs a little.

Working as builder is really hard, even tho rn I was just helping with painting and sanding wood. No shock that all the guys here are so strong.
Right now I'm heading towards the showers. I have specific time to shower and it's between 7:30 and 8 p.m.
As I reach the showers I go inside and look at the doors, no key, great. I take the only chair here and block the doors. Thanks to being the only girl here, I have to hand wash my underwear. Hopefully the creators, as all the Gladers call them, will send me some more clothes.
When I'm standing in the shower I let the water run. Then I step in, cold water. I try to move with one of the handles and nothing happen, just cold. Okay, I need to get used to this. I close my eyes and let the cold water run down my (y/h/c) hair. Thinking about everything that has happen since me waking up.
I threw so many stuff on Gladers, got tour, became friends with Gally and Minho, tried being Slicer and Builder and had memory. And all this stuff happen in three days. So I guess I'm here for 2 and half weeks. Thanks to sleeping through the first 2, it's pretty good, right?

I can hear a knock on the doors.
,,(Y/n)? It's almost eight, I'll give you watches when you get out." Alby says.
,,Coming." I say back, turning the water off and wraping myself into towel. As soon as I step out of the middle shower I put on my clothes and let my wet hair down. I put away the chair, that was blocking the doors and step out with towel in my hand.
,,That was fast, I said almost... nevermind. Come with me." Alby says as he notices me.

We reach the homestead and he takes me somewhere close to room for gathering.

,,Alright Greenie, only Keepers and Runners have watches, but you are the only girl here so it doesn't matter." he turns to me, handing me new nice looking watches.
,,Thanks." I smile at him and close it around my wrist.
,,No problem. See ya at the dinner." he smiles back and leaves me there.

I reach Newt's room and leave my towel there and then head towards the small kitchen and dinning hall.

,,Here's our builder (Y/n)!" I turn to see Ben yelling and waving at me to sit with other builders.
,,No thanks." I laugh, trying to not be rude. Then I start walking to the kitchen to get food, still trying to figure out what was that for.

,,So, how was second job? Anything funny so I won't start drowning again?" Minho asks as I sit between him and Newt.
,,No, not really, but I feel like I'm going to be useless here." I say and look at him.
,,Nonesence." Newt says without raising head.
,,No really like, is anyone here so big untitalent like I am?" I throw my hands into the air.
,,Yeah, some job they are-" Minho starts but I see Gally hitting him into ribs with elbow.
,,Who? Could I do that if it's for untitalents?"
,,Noone, dunno what Minho was talking about. Maybe his brain stayed in the maze." Gally says killing Minho with his eyes.
,,Sloppers." Newt says, but kinda quietly like it's something bad.
,,What?" I ask to make sure I heard right.
,,Sloppers. They're Gladers who didn't fit any other job. Actually they have the worst job here." Alby answers.
,,What do they do?" I ask with raised eyebrow.
,,Unpluging toilets, cleaning showers, kitchen, toilets. Washing laundry. Something like house work.." answers Gally.
,,Oh..." I say and look into my food. The rest of the dinner is silent. Then I go straight to Newt's room. Newt walking with me.