Chapter 6: The Dimensional Paladin

A Macross meme I found that I wanted to share lol

The Continuation of Bloodshed. The time is now to find out the fate of Mathias Hunter Anderson, or if he has too much damn plot armor, idk...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance and Keith roamed the massive corridors of the Castle. The two were having a small conversation, laughing and having a great time. Lance usually wasn't awake at this time, but today he felt too energized to be sleeping. The two talked about random topics before it suddenly turned to it being about Mathias and Pidge. At first, the two joked about the two being a perfect match, but the more they spoke about it, the more connections were built between the two.

"Those two are always hanging around each other working on inventions, laughing all the time! It's absurd!" Lance shouted as he threw his arms outward.

"You think Mathias could be hiding it?" Keith asked, his hands just in his pockets.

"I mean, he's been hanging with her constantly for the past couple of weeks, surely he's getting something for her," Lance shrugged as they turned a corner.

"I don't know, Lance, I'm not sure how anyone could hide something like that!" Keith chucked. An ear piercing scream came from ahead, which shook both Paladins to their core. They knew where that came from. They knew who that came from. Both Paladins began taking off down the end of the hallway and turned the corner. They approached a door to a dorm, Pidge's dorm, where Keith opened the door. Both Paladins gaped in horror at the sight right before them. Blood was everywhere. On the walls of her bed, on her bed, on her. Mathias was tucked into Pidge's arms, she was crying her eyes off. He was covered in blood, his own blood. She looked up at the horrified Paladins before her. Keith was just stun locked for a moment. Lance looked horrified, covering his mouth, either like he was about to throw up or hid his mouth.

"I-I don't k-know what happened... o-one minute he was fine, the next-," Pidge tried to speak through her crying, but everything was just hoarse. Keith, wasting no time, quickly picked up Mathias' body and rushed out of the room. Lance darted to Pidge's side, quickly wrapping his arms around the small girl.

"It'll be okay, Pidge... he'll be fine..." he tried to whisper to her. All she was doing was just crying. She wasn't talking, moving, anything. She looked terrified, which Lance couldn't really blame her for. He could hear Keith speaking to everyone from a comms station behind him.

"MEDICAL EMERGENCY! MATHIAS IS DYING! I NEED A HEALING POD ACTIVE, NOW!!" Keith shouted through the comms.

"What happened?!" Shiro hastily responded.

"-Pidge's room. We found him covered in his own blood! Pidge was crying!" Keith responded, his breathing sounded heavy.

"We'll be right there!" Shiro shouted before the line went dead. Lance slowly stood up.

"Let's go to the medbay, okay?" He asked softly, trying to reassure the frightened girl. To his surprise, she slowly nodded. She grabbed his arm and the two walked to the medbay, Mathias's blood stained on their clothes, but mostly on Pidge's. They could see a small blood trail that slowly increases in size as they progressed into the medbay. When they entered, they walked into everyone but Shiro in the room staring at the pilot, floating in the healing pod's blue liquids. They all held very worried expressions on their faces, however, when they faced Pidge, their faces dropped even more. Pidge walked over to the pod and looked at Mathias. Her eyes were incredibly red, deep shadows had formed under them.

"-seems he's barely hanging on to life. I don't know how he managed to remain like that for so long without blacking out." Coran said as he twirled his mustache.