Chapter 8: Begin the Blitz

So, I know I changed the ending slightly at the end of Reunion, I did it because I thought it kinda worked out with S4E3, so I kinda merged the two but also didn't.

Idk that doesn't make sense lol.

Also, I know this sounds like I'm begging for attention, but I'm not. I want feedback, y'all. I want people to comment on this story! I'm not going to improve on my writing without viewer feedback!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Paladins stood inside the bridge of the Castle of Lions, a holocomms showed Keith and Kolivan in one of the Blade's chambers. Mathias, being late, opened the bridge door to see everyone studying a star chart of the Galran Empire. Everyone looked back at the Dimensional Paladin, with a slightly exhausted expression on his face.

"Ah, good. You're back. Good timing," Shiro said as he Mathias walked up next to Pidge.

"Sorry about that! That last convoy had more engine problems than anticipated," Mathias said as he wrapped an arm around Pidge, who smiled and returned the gesture warmly.

Shiro nodded, then looked back at the charts, "the Blades have informed us of two Galra defense systems coming online called "Zaiforge Cannons". Now these cannons can strike any target within our combat theater. The first, in high orbit around the planet Teq, will be attacked by coalition air forces led by Matt and Captain Olia," he stopped to look at Mathias, "Mathias, no doubt about it, your weapons are one of the deadliest on the battlefield besides Voltron. I want you to go and aid in the assault against the Zaiforge Cannon on Teq with the rebels."

Mathias nodded as he gave a thumbs up, "no biggie, I can carry their weight and bring them to victory!"

Shiro nodded again and resumed sketching out his idea, "Kolivan will lead a Marmoran strike team against the second cannon, located on the surface of Senfama, which is vulnerable to a covert ground attack. We attend to take control of these cannons and use Zarkon's own weapons against him. Once the Coalition forces plus Mathias and the Blades neutralize these targets, Galra defences will be weakened, allowing us to take down the remaining Galra-occupied planets in this area. While our forces will be taking control of these planets. Naxzela will already be under attack."

Allura looked at him with a puzzled look, "by whom?"

"Voltron," he casually said as Allura gave a soft smile in response.

"Aw yeah!" Lance cheered as he wrapped his arms around Pidge and Hunk, "Team Voltron is gonna drop in on Naxzela, forn Hunk's giant laser cannon and be all like, 'POW! POW! POW!' easy peasy!" Pidge broke out of his grasp and stepped away from him.

"Well... if it's all the same to you, I want to see how the Coalition is preparing and see how I can help before we launch this operation," Mathias said as he clapped his hands.

"Of course. Good luck," Shiro said as he looked back at the pilot.

"You, too, Shiro!" Mathias gave him a finger gun as he began to walk out of the room.

Pidge stopped him near the door, "please be careful..." she said softly, like a gentle breeze on a late summer's day.

Mathias leaned in and pressed his head on her forehead, "I promise, my Pidgeon," he said with a small smile on his face. She grew flustered and with a somewhat upset expression, pointed him to leave, Mathias chuckling to himself as he did so. Pidge suddenly realized the severity of what just happened and looked uncomfortable back at the others. All, except Kolivan and Keith, held either a large, toothy grin or a comforting smile.

As the doors closed behind him, Keith looked very confused, "since when was that a thing?"

"Hmm?" Shiro asked as he looked back at the mullet haired human.