Chapter 13: Journal

Just to give a little visualization as to what Mathias would look like. 

I DID NOT CREATE THIS, THIS WAS MADE ON A PICREW.  CREDIT GOES TO THIS PERSON HERE https://twitter.com/skmw_i/status/1332639304846176261

If this breaks any ToS, or at the request of the person who made this, I will oblidge and take this down.  

You can also check out the picrew here!  I'd recommend it!  It's really fun!  https://picrew.me/image_maker/54346

This chapter will be... different, to put it lightly... It will be MUCH shorter!

Blood and swearing warning!

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mathias' personal audio journal

Page 1

After Losing the Castle of Lions, life for us has been... difficult to say the least. The management of passengers on everyone's Lion has been a struggle for everyone, except for me!

I don't think anyone would like to have been cramped up in a fighter and remain in the same position! Me? I think I can take it!

...

To move onto more serious notes... I've been studying the records of the battle between my fleet and the Galra, as well as trying to analyse the Macross' whereabouts. So far, no luck. I don't understand how the Fold systems suddenly overload like that! There are numerous safeguards, and even then, what happened here seems like an impossibility! I just we're the first ones to find it, but considering it's been out there in the universe for two years now... I don't know...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 89

After some consideration, we had decided to land the Lions and allow them to rest and recharge. It's been a hellish couple of days anyway, so I'm not going to argue. I will be honest, I really thought I would be comfortable in flying in my fighter the rest of the way before. I've been taught to sit on my ass for very long periods of time, but never days. Needless to say, it was really nice to stretch my legs, haha! I decided to take the time while the Lions were resting to try and repair my fighter, along with numerous other systems. After using the last of my Reaction Missiles, my fighter has never felt lighter. I managed to stabilize a few components and patch up a few holes, but a couple of things are way outside my control.

What else...

OH! Shiro woke up today! His consciousness was finally accepted in the clone's body, however the hell that works! However, we soon realized that his restoration somehow had a price. The Black Lion. It no longer responds to him, like the bond between the two never existed. To me, that makes zero sense, you can't erase a bond. You can shatter it, but it will always remain as a stain of sorts... in a sense.

The other Paladins besides Keith at the time were grabbing some kind of element to help recharge the Lions. How though? Don't ask me! I don't know this one. They kept saying they shrunk down to the size of ants, but I don't believe them. Pidge keeps telling me that's the truth, but I seriously doubt her.

...Pidge...

I don't know what it is, but lately, everytime we talk, I feel... different. Like, there's a knot in my stomach and my heart pounds in my chest. Sometimes, my cheeks turn red more often. She commented on that once, and I brushed it off as heat, but that's nowhere near the case. I don't know what this feeling is. Is it a respect from so many battles we've fought side by side together, or how much I like her?