Chapter 16: Recovery

NOTE ABOUT THE IMAGE IS AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER TO AVOID CONFUSION!

My life sucks right now :)

Shorter chapter because yes.

Blood warning!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mathias PoV

When I opened my eyes, everything around me seemed far to blurry and distorted. A slight ringing in my ears distuurbed me slightly. I tried to piece together what had happened, but I couldn't remember anything. I placed a hand on my head and rubbed my eyes slightly, sort of clearing my vision. I remembered going to the planet, fighting a group of drones on the ground. Wait, no I was in the air... was I? I remembered seeing Pidge above me, and I remember saying 'I love you.'

I jumped slightly when my memories came back like a flowing river. I tried to sit up slightly, looking around for her. It was like my body said, "NOW! ATTACK!" as a rush of pain swept through my entire body. I gave a sharp groan of pain as my back arched slightly, falling back onto a hard surface, which made me roar with more pain. It was then did I realize it was harder to breathe correctly, was I panicking? A door opened up, and a gasp entered my ringing ears. I heard the vibrations of footsteps erupted until I reopened my eyes to find Pidge hovering above me. She seemed shocked, worried, tears had flooded her eyes slightly. My body calmed, but not the pain.

"K...Katie..?" I mutter out, turning more to the person at my side. She looked horrible, sleep deprived, dirty, sweat smelling.

"Yeah... yeah, it's me," Katie placed her hand in mine.

I chuckle lightly, "you look like shit..."

She scoffed, "you don't have a lot of room to talk back, mister!" The two of us stared at each other for a few moments before laughing our heads off. When we calmed down, I slowly tried to sit up, but she placed her hands gently on my shoulders, "hey, easy, easy! You still have a lot of battle damage." I looked down at my body, and true to her words, a majority of it was still covered in bandages.

"I guess I'm missing a lot of current events, huh..?" I muttered to myself, as a hair got into my mouth. I spat it out for a moment, then looked for something to hold it back in place. I groaned, "help me up, please." Katie nodded, then gently helping me sit up on a bench. I grunted when she stopped, that's when I saw the entire bench I was on was stained in blood, my blood. 'How the hell do I have that much blood to leak out..?' I wondered to myself.

"You okay?" She leaned up next to me.

"Yeah, I'm... I'm alright..." I say as I looked down at my bandaged hands, "what the hell happened? I suppose I need to catch up on current events, so... mind filling me in?"

"Sure," Katie smiles, then clears her throat, "but do you remember when you stepped out of the Green Lion and shot a lizardman in the chest?"

I placed a hand on my chin, "uhh... sorta? It's kinda hazy, but I remember doing something like that, yeah."

"Well, after that, you went unconscious, we were gifted medical supplies, though they never really worked as intended, and left the planet. That... was over a month ago," Katie spoke as she seemed concerned.

My eyes widened in shock, "wait, wait, WHAT?! You mean I've been unconscious for over a month?! THIS WHOLE TIME?!"

"Yeah... now that I think about it, it was more like two months. Those medicines that the lizard people gave you did absolutely nothing, in fact, they kept the wounds from healing," She rubbed the back of her head awkwardly.