Chapter 23: SDF-0

SDF-0, the next generation of ships by the Galaxy Garrison, will experience a trial by fire...

Also, how long the Atlas was out for was much longer than canon and communications with Earth is limited.

Bonus: this episode was based off an episode from the original SDF Macross/Robotech. If you know what it is, then comment your guess!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 months later...

In a forest far beyond the Galaxy Garrison, Macross or the SDF-0...

Despite how devastated the world had been,vegetation ruled over a small portion of land far away from the Galaxy Garrison. However, deep beneath the vines and the surface, life begins to exist in more ways than one. What no one of the Garrison knew, was that nine crash Galran ships were buried beneath the surface, and the Galran within alive and well. Inside of of the most structurally able ship, a commander sat in a chair, sweat pouring all over his and his men's face.

"Well?" He huffed, "how about the power?"

"Almost there sir!" A Galran soldier yelled from below him.

"Get it operational, Lieutenant! I don't want to stay like this for much longer!" The Commander yelled.

"STAND BY!" The lieutenant shouted angrily, then, "NOW!" All of a sudden, the ship suddenly came to life, as the rooms began to glow a deep purple. Four ships began to suddenly restore in power and glow with energy.

"Excellent... how are our operatives doing?" The commander asked.

"They infiltrated the ship and planted the charges as you requested, sir, and the codes to the sensors should keep us from being spotted by any sensors!" the lieutenant returned.

"Good... now! TAKE US UP!" The commander bellowed. The grounds under the forest began to shake, as cracks on the surface began to form. Trees were falling over as four black and purple masses rose from the grounds. Then, with the roar of an engine, they began to move forward towards their destination.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing on a deck right outside the bridge of the Macross, Mathias stood watching the lands beyond Macross City, wearing a dark uniform. His arms were crossed on his chest, a datapad in his hand. The skies beyond were a lustrous orange and red, as the sun slowly rose above the surface line. He took in the pleasure of the view. It was the best thing he had witnessed these past few months. He sighed as he sat down, his feet dangling over the edge, laying his pad to the side.

"I miss you, Katie..." he muttered as the sun began to emerge above the horizon. There was a large silence for a moment before a voice caught his ears.

"Admiral!" Someone called out. Mathias turned his head to see an officer saluting him.

"At ease," Mathias nodded, as the soldier dropped his arm, "full report?"

"All systems are ready, sir! The Macross Zero is ready and operating at full capacity!" The officer replied.

"Thank you, Commander," Mathias nodded, then stood up as the officer left, "well... time to launch this thing..." Mathias walked around a corner to see his fighter sitting in a shaded area of the bridge. He jumped into the fighter and took off from the bridge, flying away from Macross City and into his next destination: SDF-0 and Overture City.

When he got to the SDF-0, he noticed a large plethora of people gathering at a large platform. He landed his fighter on the edge of the platform, the Macross behind him. When he jumped out, he stared at the blue body of the ship before straightening himself up.