Chapter 17: SHORT 1: Discovery

The first short of the series, hope you enjoy it!

I also checked the Wattpad lists, and at the time of first writing this story, it was ranked 65 of like 850 stories for 'Katieholt', so thank you all!

---------------------------------------------------------------

???; third person view

The purple and pink vortex suddenly appeared one again, as a brown fighter exited the swirling vortex. When the fighter fully exited it, the Fold Gate suddenly collapsed in on itself behind it. Mathias leaned back on his seat, pressing a few buttons on the center console.

"Super Long Distance Fold Jump, complete. Synchronizing to Galactic Standard time..." He spoke as the time appeared. He tilted his head slightly in confusion, "huh... I only missed about 2 to 3 days, interesting. It seems there are less Fold Faults here in this reality or universe than in mine. That's good, that'll make traveling the universe easier and much more safe."

An alarm suddenly caught his attention, directing him to the Fold Booster, red exclamation marks appeared on its HUD. He sighed, "yeah, I thought this would take a toll on you." He pressed a button that ejected the Fold Booster off of the fighter's back. Mathias looked as it floated slowly away from.

"Alright, let's see... These were the coordinates that the booster had pre-set. So what is here that I need to look for..?" Mathias spoke to himself softly. He took a moment to look at the planet's surface. It looked like Earth, but only more stormy, as numerous cloud formations. He joked to himself, "it looks like tornado alley. I might just call this planet Tornado until I learn of its real name."

He sighed to himself, "if I don't find what I'm supposed to be looking for here... how will I ever hope to return to Earth with Katie and the others with that burned out Fold Booster?" He looked back at the floating away into space.

A small indicator caught his attention from the corner of his eye. He looked down at the console and noticed there was a signal coming through. Confused, he pressed on the console to see the signal, and his eyes widened. A distress beacon, from a ship,, but not any ship. A NUNS ship. Quickly, acting, he plotted the coordinates on a tracker and began to descend to the planet's surface, passing through the atmosphere. He gripped the controls as if to kill it. The fighter around him began to glow with orange fire.

"I FORGOT HOW MUCH I HATE ATMOSPHERIC ENTRY!" He yelled as the fighter shook violently, as alarms bellowed around him. After an intense 30 seconds of entry, he soon flew into a harsh storm, following the beacon.

"Almost there, almo-" he was cut off when a lightning bolt struck through the fighter, causing it to fall through the skies below. He gave a cry as he fell to the surface. Grabbing the controls, he pulled back as hard as he could. Below him, he saw a large forest close. He gulped as the plane struck the ground, throwing his head into the back of his seat. The fighter broke through trees after trees as it slowed to a grinding halt, smoke and fires burned around the fighter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mathias woke up with a splitting headache, placing a hand on his head. He didn't feel a warm liquid on his face this time, so that was good. Unfortunately, a pain in his abdomen from the impact and his older wounds flared up. He grunted as he hunched over, then looked up around him. The forest was devastated around him, as the nose of his plane was slightly buried in the ground. It was then he noticed the skies were barely cloudy, which is something, but only made him worry about how much time had passed. He looked at a clock, which read '3:47 PM GST'. He was only out for about 2 hours, give or take a couple minutes. He gripped the controls and pressed down on the pedals, the plane turning into GERWALK mode and hovering slightly, before suddenly crashing on its feet. Mathias shook slightly before looking around.

"What the hell?!" He yelled as he looked at his fighter's schematics on a hud. He frowned, "that bolt drained most of my power... gotta let it recharge for a moment. That's unfortunate... guess I gotta go by foot." He went to grab his rifle, only to realize two things. One, this wasn't his older fighter, meaning it didn't have his EX-GEAR and rifle. Two, he didn't even take back his rifle from the Paladins. He slapped himself in the face, leaving a bright red handprint on his face. He pushed open the canopy and grabbed his pistol, which he did remember to take. He stepped out of the cockpit and landed on the mechanical hand, then jumped down to the surface. Gripping his pistol, he soon walked away from the crash site and into the forest.

"Alright... the coordinates said that the beacon is around here somewhere, but I don't know wh-" he was cut off by the ground giving way below him, causing him to tumble down a steep cliff. He screamed as he rolled all on the ground, making his existing injuries much worse. When he slammed into a small patch of ground below him, he crumpled to the ground, gripping his stomach in pain, tears flowing from his eyes. His vision blurred slightly from the chaos.

The pain in his abdomen slowly began to subside and his vision cleared up. Mathias looked up slightly, only for his jaw to drop and his eyes widened. He scrambled to his feet and looked out to what was front of him. Disbelief coursing through his veins like the very blood within him.

"It... It can't be..." He stuttered as he stared at a battered and vine covered ship that stood in the waters in front of him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(AN: This was by Zeiram0034 on Deviantart, so it ain't mine lol!)

Chapter update: 24 March 2021:   Fixed an issue that broke away the original line breaks, and replaced them with spammed dash marks.

Lol, just barely around 1,000 words. Told ya this was a short.

The next chapter will be a canon story told in a short, but with several events changed!

Take care and Peace!