𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊 ━ seven devils

SEVEN DEVILS,
by dawngrangers

— completed or on-going?: on-going

completed or on-going?: on-going

genre: fanfiction
universe: grishaverse (nikolai lantsov)

short summary:
"in which captain marya of the repentance is ready to tear the world in half to find what was stolen from her... even if it means standing against a clever-fox ravkan privateer."

reader's notes:

  right, okay, how do i put this simply?? uhhhh—

• THIS FIC IS SO GOOD! first of all, the world-building and knowledge mia has about the grishaverse is incredible

• THIS FIC IS SO GOOD! first of all, the world-building and knowledge mia has about the grishaverse is incredible. she has such a firm grasp of what that world is like that you really feel as though you're reading an actual book by leigh bardugo. then there are the additional things she has built into this world, like the repentance and all of the crew on-board — even characters with split-second appearances feel fleshed out and important. everyone and everything feels so authentic and i love that.

• speaking of characters, MARYA!!! an absolute queen, an icon, etc. not only is she such a badass with a fiercely loving heart, but the glimpses of her backstory are so intriguing and make you root for her immediately. she looks out for everyone in her crew and leaves no one behind. she is an absolute pleasure to read about! and do NOT get me started on her relationship with sturmhond/nikolai, i promise you will alternate wildly between giggling/blushing and anguishing over them.

• the writing is also so descriptive and beautiful. most impressively of all, mia has her characters drop these epic one-liners like it's nothing (can't even pick one example because they are too many awesome ones!)

• in conclusion: if you like anything grishaverse, you HAVE to read this fic. it's the law.