𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊 ━ suspicious minds

SUSPICIOUS MINDS
by llxcifers

— completed or on-going?: on-going

completed or on-going?: on-going

genre: fanfiction
universe: stranger things

short summary:
"the worst thing anyone can do to their mind is think anything at all can ever be unique or special. everything has been done at least once before and it will most likely be done again in the future, many times. hawkins was perhaps not entirely ready to find out america is not the only country with psychic experimenting on children, but oh, was it lucky that two unlikely british spies arrive in town just as things are about to get bonkers."

reader's notes:

if you know me, you'll know i'm the (self-proclaimed) biggest mike wheeler fan and defender in the world. so when this fic popped up in my notifications, i was like *GASP* because A) it was for MY BOY, and B) i knew full well it was coming from a very talented author. side note: izabela is such a committed writer, i'm always seeing her posting fic after fic and keeping on top of them too. and the quality is ALWAYS good too! that's the dedication i can only dream of, so kudos to you if you're reading this!

• anyway, back to suspicious minds... WORLD-BUILDING! HOLY COW. this story has a test subject protagonist, but now in the way that you'd expect. instead izabela has created a whole other lab and test program separate from the hawkins one, with its own set of characters and backstory. and yet, it fits so seamlessly into the stranger things universe. there has only been a chapter or two so far but i'm just so struck by this, that it really drove me to give this a shout-out ASAP!

• plus the quality of the writing is stellar. the tension is built perfectly, and you instantly root for skylar and want the best for her. as an individual she is fascinating, but i can't wait to see how things unfold once she crosses paths with the folks in hawkins!