𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊 ━ playing house

PLAYING HOUSE,
by GallifreyGod

— completed or on-going?: completed

completed or on-going?: completed

genre: fanfiction
universe: stranger things (jopper)

short summary:
"after lonnie leaves joyce with a six-year-old jonathan and a one-week-old will, she ends up exhausted and in a little bit of trouble. hopper steps in to help her get back on track, but neither of them expected for the wrong people to see them... and they certainly didn't expect to fall in love."

reader's notes:

abigail is just like... the QUEEN of jopper fanfics. her profile is just full of beautifully-written short stories about my favourite stranger things couple, joyce and hopper, to keep me happy whilst i wait for season 4 (praying for their endgame there!).

•  i didn't know which jopper book to select, since they are all so good, but i find myself continually coming back to this one. it seems such a simple premise but it is pulled off so well. you really get the sense that it is character-driven, and i think abigail delves into the characterisation of joyce and hopper really well and emulates them perfectly. playing house in particular just lives canonically in my head, i don't care what the suffer brothers have planned (and no that is not a typo)

• also jonathan as a kid? and newborn will? WHAT IS NOT TO LOVE???

• make sure you check out their other jopper stories on their profile too, they're so wholesome and AAAAHH 🥰