𝒙𝒊 ━ the tower

THE TOWER,
by ROGUEANDOR

— completed or on-going?: on-going

completed or on-going?: on-going

genre: fanfiction
universe: stranger things

shortened summary:
"it is said that in the tarot, the tower represents a
drastic and unforeseen change, one which can be
characterised by danger, crisis and liberation.
while many are afraid of the death card appearing
in a reading, the card one must truly dwell on is
the tower because it is unavoidable."

( don't be shy, go read the actual fic for more plot details! shower it with love! go on! )

reader's notes:

how does this fic not have more reads?! this was one of the main reasons i felt compelled to give this story a shout out, because so far i'm absolutely invested. the vasquez family own my heart (yes, even mateo) but ESPECIALLY irene 'rena' vasquez. she is such a sweet, endearing character who also has to cope with such harrowing visions, and yet shows such great inner strength. i've got a special place in my heart for characters who are soft and strong, and irene certainly fits right in there!

• the idea of precognition being a vasquez family gift is so intriguing, and goes against the grain of people having powers due to test subjects (at least as far as i know in the story). already irene's abilities have contributed so much interesting stuff to the plot, and i'm so excited to see where it goes from there...

• if you want to see wholesome friendships and great dialogue, this is the book for you. multiple one-liners of the characters have cracked me up, and some of the wholesome interactions have warmed my heart: namely irene's friendship with robin, and the dorky interactions between steve and irene of course. i should mention that this story is intended to be an eddie munson fic (so excited for eddie/irene you literally have no idea) but the author wisely decided to start the story in season 3, to let us get to know irene and her family first. i love that choice to wait with love interests until we know her character better! there is something to be said for that approach.

• also just a small thing, i love all the inclusion of the vasquez and the traditions in their culture! i'm learning lots, from the bits of spanish peppered in that the family speak and the names of all the foods they make, like rogel cake and beef enchiladas. it all feels really natural and adds so much to the authenticity of the characters!

EDIT: now this story is halfway done, i can safely say it's one of my favourite wattpad fics EVER, let alone for stranger things. consider this a warning that it will blow you away and rip your heart out. also if anyone on here deserves the appreciation for their stories, ROGUEANDOR really does because she puts in so much love and effort to these characters. please, please, PLEASE head over to read the tower if you love stranger things, eddie munson and soft but strong characters!