𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊 ━ top gun: second generation

TOP GUN: SECOND GENERATION
by illisius

TOP GUN: SECOND GENERATIONby illisius

completed or on-going?: on-going

genre: fanfiction
universe: top gun: maverick

shortened summary:
"in which grace 'vex' mitchell must confront the ghosts of her past and her deepest fears in the forms of her father, pete 'maverick' mitchell, and her childhood best friend, bradley 'rooster' bradshaw."

reader's notes:

like many people, i'm sure, i am forever mindblown by top gun: maverick and this fic has 100% fuelled my obsession with both of the movies! the plot follows grace "vex" mitchell (an ICON) who is the daughter of maverick, and this is the point where i say the way annie writes father/daughter relationships is so beautiful... all of the ones i've read so far are unique to the canon (father) characters, but all equally endearing.

• also the way she writes the flying scenes is so exhilarating! not to mention impressive with all of the terminology too; that is/was something that terrified me and almost put me off writing my own top gun fic, but seeing her use the terms correctly (i'm assuming haha) and in a way that doesn't feel forced is super encouraging, and also really paints a vivid image for the readers.

• finally, the way you manage to reference the original top gun or other little easter eggs throughout the book is absolutely perfect. everything from bringing back lines from the original movie, to other little character details, is just *chef kiss*

• annie is also writing another top gun fic, and would you believe it... i'm going to recommend that one too! chapter coming shortly on that 🤭