𝒙𝒙 ━ bella notte

BELLA NOTTE
by -wildkats

— completed or on-going?: on-going

completed or on-going?: on-going

genre: fanfiction
universe: bridgerton

shortened summary:
"belle grantham and benedict bridgerton were inseparable in childhood until her family were summoned to italy on urgent business leaving behind the bustling grosvenor square and leaving behind belle's greatest friend. some years later, upon her parents' death, belle is forced to return to london and reunite with a certain bridgerton who isn't quite sure what to make of the beautiful lady she has grown to be."

reader's notes:

childhood friends-to-lovers trope + regency era = the most addictive stuff i've ever read

• first of all, belle is such a kick-ass character! she has some brilliant one-liners and her sass levels are through the roof, but equally she also has real sensitivity. her relationship with benedict is also so quick to fall for, their back-and-forth just further proves that they are soulmates, and the yearning?? BE STILL MY BEATING HEART.

• kat also has a great sense of the regency era in terms of behaviour, etiquette. she stays true to the tone of bridgerton in how it's a slightly loosely-buttoned period piece, but has also clearly done her research — for example, without spoiling anything, some of belle's interests in entertainment at the time. it just adds to the story and makes it so authentic!

• anyway, this story was the perfect outlet for my intense bridgerton/jane austen/period drama phase i had a couple months ago, and anyone else who is having this should also go and check out this fic 😊