𝒗𝒊 ━ radiance (& embers)

RADIANCE (& EMBERS),
by stilestastic

— completed or on-going?: radiance is completed, embers is ongoing

completed or on-going?: radiance is completed, embers is ongoing

genre: fanfiction
universe: the hunger games

short summary:
"ontari nightfall wants revenge after seven years of being president snow's puppet. when she's reaped to be in the 75th hunger games, it's no surprise that she joins the golden alliance to make her district proud, and destroy the capitol that tried to rip her family apart."

reader's notes:

  HELLO?? WATTY-WINNING WRITER?? that should be enough of a sell! (side note go read havoc, her watty-winning peter parker fic... i seriously need to get round to that one day)

• kristyn is a talented writer and wonderful person in general, but i think this book and its prequel has to be my favourite of hers so far. it perfectly captures the mood of catching fire, and through the nightfall siblings she explores dark themes such as the capitol sexually exploiting their victors, or killing their loved ones if they do not comply. it is very touching and makes you feel just as angry at oreo anus snow for the way he screwed over the nightfalls.

•  she also strives for representation across all her books, and i really admire her for that! cassian nightfall, at least to me, is great asexual/aromantic representation and i'm sure many would appreciate that since it is not commonly talked about in the media. also cassian is a mood and one of the highlights of the book. THERE, I SAID IT.

• also, ontari and finnick?? SUBLIME 🥰 i love their relationship so much!

• finally, her prequel embers is only a few chapters in but already it is fascinating. it peels back layers of ontari to show a new (or should we say old) version of her, as we follow the immediate aftermath of her winning the hunger games. kristyn has so much love for her OCs and puts an immense amount of effort into her world/character building. just know that it shows! YOU GO GIRL 👏