𝒙𝒗𝒊 ━ what we do in the shadows

WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS
by stilestastic

WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWSby stilestastic

completed or on-going?: on-going

genre: fanfiction
universe: stranger things

shortened summary:
"teenage romance is already difficult enough to navigate.

but when the one you love doesn't love you back? that's the worst pain of all."

reader's notes:

oh look, another masterpiece from kristyn, watty-winning writer (no i'll never shut up about this I'M SO PROUD). this time it's for one of my favourite fandoms, stranger things!

• once again, kristyn always does her research and tries to include important representation in her stories, and this one is no exception. the protagonist, laura fairer, is lesbian and in love with her best friend (nancy wheeler, aka: queen) in the 80s (uh oh), and has to juggle everything from ADHD to supernatural shenanigans in hawkins on top of that. but none of this overshadows the essence of her character, nor does it feel cheap or like token representation to me. laura is incredibly likeable and i found myself rooting for her immediately.

• but also something i'd like to point out is the comedy in this book (i know, weird for the turmoil laura is probably about to endure) because kristyn has such good comedic timing in her writing, which is incredibly difficult to get right. i don't often laugh out loud at books, but it's happened a handful of times already with this one! laura has already been stuck in some painfully awkward or wild moments already, and being along with her for the ride is a joy. one thing to look forward to is her bromance with steve harrington... no more spoilers! go read it right now!