𝒙𝒗 ━ needlepoint

NEEDLEPOINT
by SuggletsAndMalfoys

— completed or on-going?: on-going

completed or on-going?: on-going

genre: fanfiction
universe: the hunger games

shortened summary:
"in which a girl from district eight finds her life hanging by a thread."

reader's notes:

  this is one of the best hunger games fics i've ever read, and i'm currently only three chapters in. not even an exaggeration. first of all THE WORLD-BUILDING?? dani has clearly put her heart and soul into building up the history and geography of district eight, from all the place names to the superstitions and bonds between the citizens. one aspect i'm particularly loving is how heavily-inspired it is by the industrial revolution and those british industrial towns from that era... this history nerd is loving every minute.

•  and then the fawns... *clutches heart* they deserve the whole world and more, not all the pain they're going through. paisley fawn is also such a lovable protagonist, you immediately root for her and she has such a good soul. i'm honestly dreading what the games will put her through, because what she's endured before the reaping itself is harrowing enough.

•  but you can almost excuse all the emotional turmoil that needlepoint puts you through, because dani's writing is EXQUISITE! the descriptions, the pacing, the way everything just flows so nicely. i'm not going to say anything else except READ. THIS. FIC. it deserves so, so, so much love!