Hogsmeade

Harry

With the promise of anti-dementor lessons from Lupin and the fact that Ravenclaw flattened Hufflepuff in their Quidditch match at the end of November, things definitely started to look up. Gryffindor was not out of the running after all, but we could not afford to lose another match. Wood has returned to his usual manic energy, and worked us as hard as ever in the chilly haze of rain that persisted into December. I haven't seen a hint of a Dementor inside the grounds since the Hufflepuff match, it seemed that Dumbledore's anger is keeping them at their stations.

Two weeks before the end of term the weather finally cleared. Inside the castle Christmas was in full swing. Both Ron and Hermione had decided to stay at Hogwarts for the break. Ron says it's because he couldn't stand two weeks at home with Percival, and Hermione says it's so she can use the extra time in the library.

I wasn't fooled, I knew they were staying to keep Percy and me company, but I didn't mind.

At first we had thrown around the idea of trying to go to Percy's home over break, but there didn't seem to be an easy was to get to New York. Hermione said we could just side along apperate, like Percy did to get here, but in the end we both decided to just stay at Hogwarts.

To everyone's excitement another Hogsmeade trip is scheduled for the last weekend of term, and this time I'll get Percy to come with me.

The morning of Hogsmeade weekend was hectic as always. Once Percy Ron and I were all awake and dressed we headed down to the common room to meet Hermione, and the four of us headed down to breakfast together.

"So what will it do to convince you to come with us Percy?" I ask while we eat.

Once he slowed down enough to breath and laughed a little, "I was planning on going anyway but what did you have in mind?"

I shoved him playfully, "jerk"

"So are you both going to walk all the way to Hogsmeade under the cloak? It's kinda far" Hermione said.

I hadn't really thought about the how, hadn't really gotten past the step of Percy agreeing to go.

Percy however smirked, "Don't worry Mione, I've got it all figured out."

"Meet you at three broomsticks?" I asked as we got up to leave. The others nodded and headed outside while Percy and I headed back to the dorm.

"So you mind letting me in on this plan of yours?" I ask as we walk into our dorm. I head over to my trunk and grab the cloak. I look up confused as Percy also goes to his trunk.

He stands up and holds up a blank piece of parchment.

He's smirking again but I'm completely lost.

"Fred and George gave me this last Hogsmeade weekend." He said as if that explained everything.

"They gave you a blank piece of parchment. If they think that's funny then they are really running low ok material."

"It's blank now," he picked up his wand, "come here"

I walk over next to him, and watch as he taps his want to the parchment. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"

Suddenly the parchment was no longer blank, it said "Messers Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs proudly present the Marauders Map"

"The Marauders?" I question.

"No clue who they are, Fred and George don't know either, but they were geniuses. It's a map of the whole school." He opened it up and I saw that it was in fact a map. "But not just the hallways and classrooms. Everyone, shows where they are at all times. And it has all the moving stairs, trick steps, all of it. And what will help us today, the secret passages."