Stupid Permission Slips

Percy

The next few weeks were great. Defense Against the Dark Arts had quickly become everyone's favorite class. The only person who had a problem with it was , unsurprisingly, Draco Malfoy. Apparently he felt that Remus's fashion was so horrible it took away from the class and made the whole thing a waste of time.

No one else cared about Remus's robes.

Somehow Remus continued to make each lesson as interesting as the first.

While Defense Against the Dark Arts was amazing, I can easily say that not all my classes were so enjoyable.

Professor Snape continued to make his class increasingly painful. Undoubtedly word had gotten back to him about the boggart incident and he was not to pleased about it.

Despite how hard he tried though, I shined in his class. Obviously it wasn't my stunning personality that shone through, but my surprising skill for potions. Even when the man deliberately tried to sabotage my potion, it still ended up near, if not perfect every class. I know it infuriated that greasy slime ball even more because it means he can't fail me. I'm doing to good.

Another class that ranked at the bottom of my list was Divination. The tower was hot and steamy, and honestly was a waste of time if you ask me. That on top of Trelawney's tear filled eyes every time she looked at Harry or me made me want to jump out the window.

And while none of us really wanted to admit it, Care of Magical Creatures was also a shitty class. I really liked Hagrid, but after the action packed first class it was like he lost all confidence in himself. Since then we spent every class learning about how to look after flobberworms, which by the way are the most boring creatures on the planet.

On the bright side though, Quidditch practice started. One Thursday afternoon Oliver Wood called a meeting. He looked like a general talking to his troops before a battle.

"This is our last chance- my last chance- to win the Quidditch Cup," he said while walking up and down in front of us. "I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it.

"Gryffindor hasn't won for seven years now. Okay, so we've had the worst luck in the world- injuries- then the tournament getting called off last year..." wood swallowed as though just thinking about the previous years brought a lump to his throat. "But we also know we've got the best - ruddy - team - in - the - school." He said punching his hand in the sky, a manic glint in his eye.

"We've got three superb Chasers."

Wood pointed as Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson and myself.

"We've got two unbeatable Beaters."

"Stop it Oliver, you're embarrassing us" Fred and George said at the same time while pretending to blush.

"And we've got a Seeker who has never failed to win us a match!" Wood said staring at Harry with some sort of pride. "And me," he said as an afterthought.

"We think you're very good too Oliver" said George.

"Spanking good keeper" said Fred.

"The point is," He continued, going back to pacing, "the Quidditch cup should have had our name on it these last two years. Ever since Harry joined the team. I thought the thing was in the bag. But we haven't got it, and this years the last chance we'll get to finally see our name in the thing..."

"Oliver this year's our year" Katie said.

"We'll do it Oliver!" Said Angelina.

"Definitely" said Harry.