The Infirmary

Percy

After Harry left I leaned farther into my bed. I had tried to act normal in front of Harry so he wouldn't worry but the truth is my side freaking hurt. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to make the pain go away, but it just seemed to get worse.

I heard footsteps come towards me but I didn't open my eyes.

"I take it you're in more pain then you wanted your brother to know?" Madam Pomfrey asked me.

I nodded my head slightly, still not opening my eyes.

"Well I have to change the wrappings again, so I'll try and be gentle, but it will probably hurt. After that I will give your something for the pain, and something that will help you sleep." I just nodded again.

As the medic witch started unwrapping my side I tried to distract myself from the pain. I started thinking about camp. I have to get Harry there this summer.

While I was thinking about showing my brother around camp my thoughts wondered to Luke and the last time I saw him, and the pit scorpion.

I had to spend like a week in the infirmary then, I really hope I won't be here for that long! I knew that if I got some water I could at least ease my pain, but I wasn't sure if Madam Pomfrey knew what I was, and if she didn't then I really didn't want to raise any suspicions.

I was cast from my thoughts as a jolt of pain was sent through my side. I cried out in pain and turned my head to see Pomfrey holding her hand to my side as she grabbed more bandages.

I closed my eyes again and tried to zone out as she finished. After a few minutes she stood up and placed her hand on my shoulder, gently pushing me back so I was laying down again.

Madam Pomfrey walked away and came back with two small cups. She had already explained what they were so I drank them quietly and then got comfortable. Before I could even wonder how long it would take to fall asleep, I was already out like a light.

I hear a small commotion. I don't want to open my eyes, hoping that if I don't acknowledge the disturbances I'll be able to go back to sleep.

Sadly that is not the case.

I'm able to distinguish the sound as voices, yelling voices to be exact. I still haven't opened my eyes, but I am now listening, trying to figure out what is going on.

"Mr Potter, please explain to me what happened," I hear Madam Pomfrey's put our voice say.

"Well we were waiting outside Potions, and Malfoy started saying stuff about Hermione and Percy. So then we, Ron and I, started arguing with him. He pulled out his wand and he fired a spell at me, but missed and hit Hermione. And Ron went to hex Malfoy but he ran out of the way and to the spell hit Goyle," I hear my brother explain in a rushed tone.

Now very interested I slowly open my eyes and look around. I see Hermione a few beds over with beaver sized teeth, probably 5 or 6 inches to long. On the opposite end of the room sat Goyle who's entire nose was covered in boils. (I know this happens in Goblet but I don't really care so...)

"Harry?"

My brother spins around, "Hey Percy I didn't realize you were awake."

"Woke up when you came in," I tell him. I see that he is in robes and has his bag. I also know that we don't have potions the first day. "Have I been asleep since yesterday?"

Harry laughs slightly, "Yeah we came to see you after dinner but you were knocked. Like the world could of ended around you and you wouldn't of known."

"That potion must be strong, like I'm a heavy sleep but not that deep." We didn't say anything for a minute. "So I take it Snape didn't let you and Ron come down here with Hermione, you skipping class?"

Harry grimaces at the potion master's name. " He didn't even let Mione down here, she ran off. We followed to make sure she was okay."

"Do your school years usually start out this rough?" I ask him.

Harry laughs, "No, not this early usually. Typically the first mishap happens on Halloween. (Which is true for like the first four books. Troll, Mrs noris, Sirius breaks in, and the Chapions are chosen. That all happens on Halloween) We usually start out with two months of just typical school problems before all the messed up crap starts," Harry explains.

"It must be because of me, I've been told I'm very influential," I say with a cheeky grin.

Harry rolls his eyes, "Yeah if a idiot who acts before he think counts as an influence then your the best!"

"It's a gift!"

Harry stops smiling, "Seriously though, why did you do it? Why risk your life for him?"

I sigh and rub my face with my left hand. "My instincts have gotten a whole lot better this summer, sometimes it's like I can see, or understand what's going to happen before it does. And the urge to protect people has also increased now that I know how to. So when I saw Buckbeak getting ready to attack, my instinct was to help, because I knew I could. I have very little self preservation skills."

Harry just looks at me for a minute, "But Malfoy?"

"While he may be a git, he's not evil. I've seen evil Harry, and so have you. Just because  he's an annoying, or even kinda bad person doesn't mean I can stand by and watch him get hurt knowing I could of helped."

My brother rubbed his face, "How are you such a good person Percy? Like I don't know if I would ever willingly help Malfoy, even if I had a broom and he was trapped in fire, (coughs cough deathly hallows cough) but then you push him out of a situation that would of just injured him and almost kill your self!"

I laugh, "It's a gift! But don't worry, there are definitely some people I would fly over and smile if I saw them in a fire. Everyone has someone like that in their life."

Harry and Ron stayed in the infirmary with me till their first class ended.

"I'll bring you any work later today, so you don't get to far behind." Harry told me.

I just nodded as my two friends leave. A few minutes later Madam Pomfrey finished shrinking Hermione's teeth and she too was gone. And once again I was alone.

Please tell me what y'all think.

Peace.