Chapter 8 - What Choreography?

Word Count: 2181

You and Sadness-unnie were sitting together on the far corner of the practice room while the girls were having their vocal lessons with their vocal coach. Yongsu had just fetch for you a bottle of water to calm your nerves.

Right now, you were feeling extremely mortified. It's not like you wanted to let yourself loose like that. 

After your spontaneous, but short performance, the girls bombarded you with countless compliments about your singing and guitar-playing abilities, and hounded you countless question, like how long have you been singing, how you learned to play the guitar, and if you wrote the song yourself.

You were saved by the timely arrival of TWICE's vocal coach in which they immediately stopped their 'attack', and went straight to work. 

You took the water bottle shakily from Yongsu's hand, its cold surface cooling you down, and drank its contents. After finishing your water in one big gulp, you gave it to Yongsu, who then throws it in a nearby trashcan, before being called for duty somewhere else.

"You know, at this point, I'm surprised why you even applied for the position of manager  instead of auditioning as an idol, when you clearly have the talent to become an artist yourself. I mean, you're a great singer and not that bad-looking yourself." Sadness-unnie comments while not really looking at you, her attention solely focused on her phone and schedule papers.

 You felt your face flushed red before you firmly shook your head at this."I'm glad you think so unnie/noona, but no thanks. I really don't do well when I'm standing below a spotlight and before large crowds..."

This made Sadness-unnie/noona stop whatever she is doing and turn her full attention to you. "But why not? It seems like a wasted opportunity."

You sighed."I just don't see it as the life I am seeking. When you're placed on the pedestals of fame, you tend to lose more than you gain."

Sadness-unnie could only nod at this as she understood what you were going for. She has been working as a manager for celebrities long enough to see them rise and fall every single time, and more often than not those artist tend to lose sight of what matters to them the most, all for the sake of putting on a perfect facade and living up to the standards of their fans.

"But you know," You blurted out again, "I really do admire those people who make it work for them, especially the really young ones. Because that means they have that strong will to go on no matter how the going gets tough." 

Your vision then lands on the girls having their vocal practice. When they saw you looking at them, they can't help but smile and wave at you gleefully, making you just smile back and nod at them. 

"I just hope these girls have that kind of will. They've still got a long road ahead."

Kim can't help but smile proudly for her co-manager, despite being your first day at work, you're already showing great promise.