Chapter 2 - The Interview

Word Count: 1625

3rd Person's PoV

Inside one of the offices of the JYP building sits a tired interviewer, who had just interviewed quite a lot of people who are hoping to become one of the managers handling their newly debuted girl group: TWICE.

And so far the interviewer saw none fitting the criteria they were looking. Call them choosy, but they are willing to give the girls the best of the best that could help them in their career.

And right now, there was only one more applicant left they have to interview before their break. But unfortunately, this said applicant seems to be running a bit late. Normally, this grounds for instantly rejecting the interviewee for being late. 

So, why was the interviewer still here? 

Deciding to wait at least a few more minutes for the late applicant, the interviewer takes out their resume, reading it over and over again. And while reading, the one and only founder of the entertainment company they are working on comes in through their door.

"PD-nim!"  The interviewer greeted, standing up from their chair and bowing to their boss.

"Annyeong.=Hello.=" JYP greeted back. "How goes the interview?"

"Terrible, sir." The interviewer sighs as they sit back down. "Most of them are either too mediocre, too professional, too casual, too uptight, and some even had the audacity to think that they should get the job because they are entitled so." 

"Aren't they a ray of sunshine... What criteria are we looking for again? Specifically?"

"We were thinking of finding someone who is at least the girls' age, not too young or not too old, and someone they are comfortable to work with. Possessing high soft skills such as adaptability, critical observation, problem solving, and great communication skills are also included."

"And then there's this kid's resume." The interviewer then hands their boss the resume they were reading not too long ago. 

JYP raised a brow, taking the resume. "Kid?"

"(L/N) (Y/N). Nineteen. Just graduated high school this year, with distinction. Has a driver's license, no strikes mentioned, but no vehicle. Used to live in the Jeonju province before moving in here. And honestly, based on the letter of recommendation that came with it," 

The interviewer takes out another document and hands it to JYP.

"They are the only applicant fitting the criteria right now. Meticulous, hardworking, smart. Became a secretary for their student council organization when they began junior high school all the way through graduation. Good sense of humor too, it says in there. Not to mention they have impeccable communication skills, considering they can speak---"