Ch. 5

Edited
Ashtons POV

I slowly woke up, covered in warmth. This time I hadn't been woken up by someone throwing me to the ground.

Already this day was better than the last. My mood was slightly improved by that. Maybe this was a sign that things would get better.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the face of a sleeping twin right in front of me. He had his mouth slightly open and his blonde, almost white hair hung in his face.

I gave into the urge to tuck the loose strand behind his ear.

With gentle hands I moved the hair, marveling at the silkiness of the strand. I forgot about tucking it behind his ear as I played with it, twirling it around my finger and lightly tugging on it.

He was slowly starting to wake and opened his bright blue eyes, looking at me before smiling.

He closed his eyes again, not wanting to wake up and tucked his head into my chest.

Me not having had this interaction before, awkwardly patted his back. He reached a hand around and took my hand and moved it beneath his shirt.

I could feel the lean muscle as I started to stroke his back, lightly scraping at some points and circling others.

The twin behind me had by now woken up and started to get jealous of his twin getting all of the attention. He took my other hand and directed it to his hair which I gently played with, sorting through the tangles and twirling the loose strands.

A loud cough broke me out of my calmness. The twins both let out animalistic growls as someone interrupted their attention.

I looked up to see Vincent who was quietly watching out interaction.

"I hate to break this up but we have to work" he told us, walking over and giving us all a hand up. He said this again in Russian to the twins who just groaned and flipped him off.

I took his hand up and squeezed it lightly in thanks. He threw a pair of shoes at me which I caught thankfully. Today was definitely better than yesterday.

Instead of having laces these shoes had a zipper which I personally liked more. It may sound lazy but laces are too much work.

I slipped the shoes on and frowned at the stiffness of them.

"You will wear them in in time" Vincent told me as he watched my struggle.

The twins finished tying their laces and we made our way out. The halls were bustling with life.

The twins grabbed onto my hands and Vincent led us through the fray and out to a courtyard.

In the distance I could see people already working. The more physically active people hauled and chopped wood while the less fit ones did smaller tasks like gardening and cleaning.

We made our way to an outdoor desk with a police officer sitting behind it. She wore a no shit expression and stared us down as we approached.

"Signing in for myself, Ashton, Alexander, and Myles" Vincent said to the woman as she wrote something down on her clipboard.

I turned to the twins questionably. "Myles and Alexander" I questioned to the twins. They broke out into large smiles, furiously nodding their head. "Alexi" one said, point to his chest. "Myles" the other one said, grinning at me.

I knew that even after knowing their names I would be able to tell the difference between the two.

"Here you go" the police woman said as she handed out 4 bracelets. The twins and I got a green one while Vincent got a white one.

"You and the twins got cooking" Vincent explained when he saw me fiddling with my wristband.

"What did you get" I asked, glancing at his white one. "Window cleaning" he said and I gawked at him. There must have been thousands of windows in the whole jail.

"Please tell me there are a lot of people that do it" I pleaded. I saw Vincent's face fall then light up again. "There isn't nearly enough to make it easy but at least I know you will be here waiting for me when I'm done" he said, smiling at me.

I smiled back, not know what to say to that. He walked off with this hands in his pockets whistling as the twins pulled me back inside. We went into the cafeteria and behind the serving counter.

I was greeted to the sight of a lot of counters and a few ovens.

Each of the counters had a piece of paper on them, filled with writing.

I glanced at a few of the papers and saw things like apple pie, fruit salad, and mashed potato recipes on them.

The twins looked at me expectantly and I picked the paper that had cookies at the top in large format.

They both picked, one picking the apple pie while the other picked one that said chicken soup.

We each got to work, going back and fourth from the small pantry that took up a side wall. Pots and pans hung from the ceilings and I had to climb on the counters to reach them. As time went on, more and more people started to fill the kitchen. Soon every station was filled and the air was thick with spices and sugar.

I looked over from where I was rolling my fourth batch of cookies into balls to the twins. They were both covered in their ingredients which made me wonder how much of the actual things made it into the bowl. One of the twins caught my eyes and gave me a messy salute, grinning as flour went everywhere.

I grinned and shook my head, dusting off my pants to go get the first few batches out of the oven.

As I was taking them out I felt arms wrap around my waist.

I leaned back into one of the twins, already knowing it was them.

Soon I was on my 7th batch when a bell rung. I slightly panicked because it sounded like a fire alarm but no one looked concerned.

The twins bounded over to me and pulled my cookie dough covered hands, hanging up my apron for me.

I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was lunch time. I didn't get a chance to wash my hands but that didn't matter as the twins sat down and started to lick the dough off my hands.

I shifted, trying to readjust myself in my pants as one of the twins looked up, making eye contact as he sucked my finger.

I had come to know that they were very open and didn't seem to miss any type of physical interaction.

The other joined us but I shot up when Cayden came in. His hands were covered in blood from the calluses and blisters splitting open.

My inner mother hen came out as I rushed across the cafeteria to him.
You could say this was me repaying him for helping me with my nose.

I gently took his hands in mine and tried my best to wipe away the blood.
My mother hen activated even more as I went around the tables, collecting napkins and water.

I took his hand again in mine but I dropped it when I realized what I was actually doing. "It's fine you can keep going" Cayden said in a rough voice.

I sat back down and slowed my actions until they resembled a concerned person and not an extremely fussy mother hen.

I dabbed at the wounds as the table watched me. Wave after wave of blushing and a lot of napkins later, I was done. I awkwardly scooted back to my chair but not before arms wrapped themselves around my waist.

I got pulled to Caydens chest as he placed a light kiss on my head. "Thank you" he murmured through my hair before releasing me.

I thought that it was physically unable to blush as much as I was doing before but this is a whole new level.