Ch.12

Somewhere in the night I woke up again, only this time it was even more unpleasant.

Cayden, Vincent and Ezra were letting out warning sounds to someone outside the bars.

This was a prime example of why they slept nearest to the bars.

I looked over the twin I was cuddled with to see a big, scarred guy standing behind the bars.

I locked eyes with him and shuddered in disgust at the horrible ugly lust swirling in them.

Cayden growled a little louder at him and blocked his direct vision to me.

The fact that I was scared was an understatement. The twins had woken up to the racket and got on top of me, providing a small cocoon of warmth with me in the middle.

If I weren't so scared I would have relished in the safety this position gave me.

The growling continued and I heard the bars clang.

This obviously set someone off as I heard the tell tale sound of the cell door opening.

I couldn't hear anything else though as the twins had blocked my ears.

I tried to shake their hands off but it was no use. I strained my ears to hear what was happening but it wasn't possible.

After what seemed like downright forever the twins took their hands off of my ears and moved away from me.

I opened my eyes in the dim early light to see Ezra by the door.

Blood was going down the side of his face.

I had never run so fast in my life as I sprinted to him.

I slid to a stop and took his head in my hands, finding where the blood was coming from.

My movements stilled when Ezra grasped my hands in his.

He titled my chin up with his fingers and made me look at him in the eyes.

"I am fine my angel he just got a good hit in." He whispered to me.

He held my hand to the bleeding wound, making me run my fingers over it. He didn't flinch or show any signs of discomfort.

"See? I'm fine." He told me, kissing the backs of my hands.

I gave a weak smile to him and wrapped my arms around his stomach, burrowing my face into his cinnamon smell.

"Come on let's go get some sleep" he told me as he led me to the corner. Cayden and Vincent had already settled down, cuddling with the twins.

Ezra set me down in my spot and crawled in next to me, holding me gently as my heart slowed down.

Sleep was slowly creeping up on me so I snuggled more into his chest, tangling my legs with his.

"Sleep well angel."

Waking up was harder than it should have been. With Ezra draped over my body, moving was a difficult process.

I looked at the cell door as it squeaked open, Cayden and Vincent coming in with breakfast trays.

I must have slept in I thought as I slowly sat up.

Ezra let out a groan of protest but let me get up anyway.

I made grabby hands to the plate in Caydens hand, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Cayden let out a small laugh and handed me the plate.

I took the other one too and turned to the sleeping Ezra.

I leaned down to Ezra and started to pepper small kisses all over his face.

He tried to swat at me in the beginning but gradually relaxed, slowly opening his eyes.

I could see he was out of it from the blood loss so I helped him sit up, grunting when he put his full weight on me.

When I had gotten him all the way up I took a glob of the disgusting breakfast and put it onto the spoons.

"Open for me love" I whispered to Ezra who slightly opened his mouth.

This went on until the whole plate was finished. Colour was slowly returning to Ezras eyes and he seemed more alert.

He slowly gave me a lazy kiss on the cheek in thanks before going back to sleep on my chest.

I looked at his long hair then looked away, the temptation to braid it getting stronger.

I finally gave in after a few minutes of internal struggle.

Ezra had grown his hair out and it was getting to the point of being extremely long. It was long enough to pass his shoulder blades which was longer than most of the female population in the prison.

He let out occasional moans as I played with his hair, ending with the decision to do Dutch braids.

When I was younger my mother taught me how to braid saying that it could come in handy later in life.

All of those lessons were so worth it as Ezras hair flowed through my fingers and into the elaborate braid.

I knew he was awake and just didn't want to move so I took that as a sign to keep going.

I made it to the end parts and tied his hair with a few pieces of string I found when doing jobs.

Ezra looked as beautiful as a 6' male with a lot of muscles and tattoos can. His hair perfectly framed his face in all of the right places.

I gave him a chaste kiss on the lips as I got up, ready to face this day.

I tied my shoes with the twins and walked with them down the halls. News obviously circled fast about the creepy guy last night. Everyone I passed gave me some sort of side glance.

The twins were there to scare them away but I knew they were curious.

Anything is interesting when you have been here for more than a few years.

The other three had already gone ahead and began their jobs for the day so I didn't see them until later that night.

They all came stumbling in at the same time. I took pride in the fact that Ezras hair was still in a braid. I would have thought he had taken it out.

They each nodded their hello before flopping on top of us, completely worn out from the hard day of work.

Now that I think about it, I wish I would have appreciated those small moments more.