Chapter 28: Rescue mission

A few hours later I was sitting in Howard Starks plane with Peggy as she went over what she knew about the base

"The Hydra camp is in Krausberg, tucked between these two mountains. It's a factory of some kind."

"We should be able to drop you right on the doorstep," Stark called out front the front of the plane over the noise of the engines.

"Just get me as close as you can. You know, you two are going to be in a lot of trouble at the lab," I tell her as I start to gather my things.

"And you won't," she asks.

"Where I'm goin', its anybody yells at me I can just shoot 'em."

"They will undoubtedly shoot back."

"Well, let's hope it's good for somethin'" I tell her as I knock on the shield that is next to me.

"Agent Carter, if we're not in too much much of a hurry I thought we could stop off in Lucerne for a late-night fondue," Howard calls outs to Peggy. I pause and look at Peggy awkwardly, feeling like I was intruding on something personal.

"Starks is the best civilian pilot I've ever seen. He's mad enough to brave this airspace, we're lucky to have him."

"So are you two... Do you...? Fondue?" I ask her awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

? Fondue?" I ask her awkwardly, not knowing what to say

"This is your transponder. Activate it when you're ready and the signal will lead us straight to you," she tells me, ignoring the question.

"Are you sure this thing works?"

"It's been tested more than you, pal. And you better bring the ice princess back alive, I need my honorary little sister back. She's the only one that can stop the colonel yelling at me all the time. And besides, I miss her," Stark calls out, looking at me over his shoulder. I could see the pain in his eye, it was obvious the he and Kimberly had got close and he felt guilty for not going to find her.

"Don't worry Stark I will," I tell him as flack started to hit the plane from anti aircraft guns. I head towards the doors and get ready to jump.

"Get back here! We're taking you all the way in," Peggy yells in a frantic tone.