Chapter 49: Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters

A week after we moved to New York, I started my job teaching history and literature at the Professor's school

A week after we moved to New York, I started my job teaching history and literature at the Professor's school. That morning I got up and got dressed earlier than I normally would have and, like always, Steve was already up as well. Walking down in to the kitchen at 8 am after having a shower and getting dressed, I saw Steve getting breakfast ready for Elsa. She was sitting on one of the bar stools at the kitchen bench, her little feet swinging as she ate her breakfast cereal.

"Good morning Mummy," she said as soon as I walked into the kitchen and gave her a kiss.

"Good morning princess."

Steve walked out from behind the kitchen counter and gave me a kiss before getting me my morning coffee.

"Good morning Kimberly, ready for your first day," he asked as I sat down next to Elsa.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"You will be the best teacher ever, Mummy," Elsa told me, bouncing on her chair.

"And what will you two be doing today," I asked them as I finished my coffee.

"I was thinking we could go and check out the park this morning and then figure the rest out from there," Steve said while washing the dishes.

"It has a really fun jungle gym; I can't wait to go!" Elsa said, getting even more excited.

I couldn't help but smile at how close Steve and Elsa have become over the past few months. It was all I ever wanted, for Elsa to have Steve in her life but I never thought it was going to happen. Every moment he was here with us felt like a dream still but I wasn't going to take a moment of it for granted. After all, I had learnt the hard way that you never know what the future holds.

"So how are you meant to get to the school?" Steve asked me, confused about the whole situation.

"Apparently one of the people who work with the Professor have the ability to teleport or something and he will be picking me up. He did warn me not to be worried about how Kurt looks, apparently he's blue or something."

"Ok then, that's... different."

After a few minutes of waiting, we heard a light pop and suddenly a blue man with black hairs, pointed ears and a tail appeared in the living room. Steve jumped back in shock and knocked over the side table that was behind him. Even though I was expecting him, I was still a little startled.

 Even though I was expecting him, I was still a little startled