Chapter 58: Falling apart

It didn't matter how much I tried to move the metal beam off my legs, it just wouldn't budge

It didn't matter how much I tried to move the metal beam off my legs, it just wouldn't budge. I was trapped in the helicarrier's cargo hold with a doctor who had the worst rage issues in the nine realms. Just when I thought that hope was lost and that I was about to become a ragdoll for the Hulk, I noticed that Nat had fallen down to the level bellow and was eye to eye with Bruce who was quickly turning green.

"Nat are you ok, can you move?" I called out as I tried to once more to move the meal beam off my legs so that I could help her with the rapidly growing Bruce Banner.

"I'm okay, stay where you are. I'm gonna help get that off you," she told me, not taking her eyes off Bruce for a second.

"Hey, Bruce, look at me. Just breath, were gonna get out of here. We're gonna be ok," I said trying to calm Bruce down before anything could happen.

When Nat finally reached me, she helped me finally lift the metal off my legs but when was finally moved, my leg stung when the cool air hit them Looking down, I saw there is a nasty looking gash in my leg that was bleeding but there was no time to deal with it. Not until everyone was safe.

"I am so sorry, Kimberly. I want you to know that I didn't mean any of it. You are like my sister, I would never have told Fury anything, you have to believe me," Nat said as she helped me up.

"I'm sorry to Nat. I never should have said what I did. It was that scepter, it had a hold on everyone," I told her, trying to place weight on my leg.

"I assumed as much, you hear that, Bruce. It wasn't any of us saying that stuff, we're going to be okay," she said, trying to calm Bruce down who was started to breath harder and turn a deeper shade of green.

Bruce looked up at us, a look of pain shinning in his eyes as struggled to regain control but failing.

"Doctor...Bruce, you gotta fight it. This is just what Loki wants. We're gonna get out of here," Nat told him, as I waved away two agents that had come over to help us.

"Bruce, everything is going to be ok. I promise you; we are getting out of this mess and when we do, we are getting out of this ship and away from SHIELD. For good. We'll go back to my home and Mum will look after you. I swear on my life you will walk away from this," I told him, but he didn't seem to understand what I was saying to him.

"Your life?" He yelled, sounding more like the Hulk than Bruce Banner.

"Bruce," Nat pleaded with him but it was too late.

We watched in fear as Bruce started turning in to the Hulk in front of our eyes, his shirt ripping at the seams as his body grew. Knowing that we wouldn't stand a chance against of getting out in one piece, so we did start to scramble up the remains of what was the roof, desperate to get away from the Hulk. But all we achieved in doing was gaining the attention of the very man we were trying to get away from. I pushed Nat behind me, knowing that I would be able to take a blow from the Hulk better than she would.