Chapter 51: Assemblimng the team

Third Person POV

For Natasha Romanoff, it was just another normal night

For Natasha Romanoff, it was just another normal night. She was tied to a chair in the middle of an abandon warehouse in Russia. The man in front of her was Georgi Luchkov, a Russian general and he was accompanied by two of his regular thugs. Most people would have been concerned in if they were in her position, but Natasha wasn't most people. She had the men right where she wanted them and they didn't even know it. She felt a sharp sting on her cheek as one of the men slapped her in an attempt to get information, they wanted out of her.

"This is not how I wanted the evening to go," Luchkov said to her in Russian.

"I know how you wanted this evening to go. Believe me, this is better," she replied in Russian with a smirk on her face.

It was because of men like him that she continued to fight, to kill, even though she knew that with every life she took, her ledger grew larger and blead a deeper red. You would never know it by looking at Natasha Romanoff, but she was haunted by nightmares, by the terrible act she was forced to do by those in charge of The Red Room.

The Red Room, a place of fear and pain in which she grew up. Natasha never had the chance to have a normal childhood, instead was trained to kill from before she could even remember. She had no family, The Red Room made sure of that. It was the only was they knew to keep her under their control, if you had no one there was nothing you could fear to lose.

But the needless death and destruction weighed heavy on the young assassin's mind, so much that one day that she defected, even thought it could end up costing her life. But it was a cost she was willing to pay to bring down The Red Room.

Although the cost didn't turn out to be that high thanks to Cling Barton who believed in Natasha as soon as he saw her. Seeing something in the assassin that even she couldn't see. Now she dedicated her life to fighting for something better, even if that meant she still has to continue to kill.

"I'd like to know why they sent you to carry out a carrier, a stained glass and other random items," Luchkov asked as one of the thugs pushed the chair she was tied to back, tilting it over the edge of the balcony they were on which was a few stories high. Fear quickly filled her, but she never showed it. There was a reason Natasha was known as Black Widow and she wasn't about to ruin her reputation because of a little fall.

"I though General Solohob was in charge of the export business," she lied smoothly to the men, causing Luchkov to chuckle.

"Solohob? Your reputation is quite a progression. The famous Black Widow. Nothing but a pretty face."

"You really think I'm pretty," Natasha said knowing that it was going to anger the man who was threatening her.

She watched as Luchkov walked over to a table that was full of his favourite 'interrogation tools'. He ran his hands over the tools before picking up a pair of pliers. Noticing that Luchkov had picked up the pliers, the one of the thugs forced Natasha's jaw open to allow his boss to finish his work.