Chapter 48: Welcome to New York, its been waiting for you

"Kimberly, honey I am going to miss you. Don't forget to call as soon as you get there," my mother said for what had to be the hundredth time since we got in the car to drive to the airport.

"Don't worry, I will," I told her as I got Elsa's backpack out of the car.

"That goes for you to Steve, I want to hear from both of you," she said as Steve finished getting Elsa out of the car.

"I will Kellie, you can be sure of it."

"What about me Grammy?" Elsa asked, running up to her and hugging her legs.

"I know you will never forget to call me and don't tell anyone but I'm going to miss you the most," she told her granddaughter as she picked Elsa up and balanced her on her hip.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anybody Grammy," Elsa giggled, wrapping her arms around her grandmother's neck.

"It looks like we aren't the favourites anymore," David said walking up and wrapping an arm around me.

"I honestly don't think we have been her favourites for the second she found out about Elsa and Danny."

"That's definitely true," Tammy told us as she walked pass holding, carrying Danny.

David and I looked at each other and laughed. Tammy said it like it was just a matter of fact and didn't need to be stated.

"Move it you two, don't you remember what happened last time you got separated from us at the airport," Pa called out from the door of the airport.

"Come on we were 5 and 6! You can't hold us responsible!" David called out as he jogged to catch up with the rest of the family.

"Speak for yourself David, it was your fault that we almost missed the plane. I was just being a good older sister and tried to stop you from climbing into the baggage claim," I laughed.

David turned around and stuck his tongue out at me as I walked over to Steve and took his hand, walking into the airport.

"Did that really happen?" Steve asked, as he laughed at David's reaction.

"You have no idea. It was just one of the many times I saved him from doing something stupid."

"Hey, I heard that!" David called out from the flight check in, causing Pa to hit him over the back of the head.