Chapter 4 - Better Together

The four of them were often found out together and soon people assumed that they were couples. But the girls played it smart. They were young but they didn't intend to date just because they were popular and handsome.

Hyo-Jin checked on their grades. "Se-Ri and I are honor students and we work hard for it. Full scholarships, too. And you?"

Tae-Soo scratched his head. "I have good grades but not enough for honors. I'm a good athlete though and am on a full scholarship on that."

Hyo-Jin nodded. "Okay. There are different areas to be great anyway."

Se-Ri added, "It's more important to be good and kind people."

The boys didn't say anything then, but they found out the truth soon.

Hyo-Jin and Se-Ri asked the boys out to watch a movie one weekend and when they didn't agree to dates with the girls, they were suspicious. What college boy would not want dates right? They found out where the boys were headed (in truth, it wasn't hidden from them, the boys just weren't saying what they were going to do in that venue) and went there to see if the boys were seeing other people.

At the venue, they found Tae-Soo and Jeong Hyeok with their teammates coaching different kids. They were holding a baseball camp for underprivileged children. This camp was the brainchild of Jeong Hyeok and Tae-Soo.

Jeong Hyeok was currently at a batting cage with a little boy and a little girl teaching them the proper stance so that they had a better chance of hitting the ball. He gave them some space to continue practicing and then started walking to help other children when he noticed Hyo-Jin and Se-Ri.

He looked surprised but jogged over. "Hi! What are you guys doing here?"

Hyo-Jin and Se-Ri felt shame for what they thought about them. Se-Ri spoke up and told him their doubts. "I'm sorry. We thought you were up to something fishy. I'm sorry. We're sorry."

Jeong Hyeok frowned. "It's not great to hear that."

"I know," Se-Ri said.

"But I guess it's expected. You don't trust us yet," Jeong Hyeok said. Tae-Soo joined them and soon pulled Hyo-Jin aside and they had a separate conversation.

"Are you mad?" Se-Ri asked.

"Disappointed but not mad. I don't like the going behind my back because I feel like hadn't done anything to deserve it. So, if it's alright, could you ask me next time? I promise to be honest," Jeong Hyeok said.

"Trust is earned."

"I know. All I'm asking is a chance to do so."

Se-Ri felt the sincerity in his words and nodded. "I'm sorry again."

"Do we have a deal?"

"Deal." They shared a smile and shook on it.

~~~
"Love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart
Why are we here? Where do we go?
How come it's so hard"