Chapter 23 - Real Thing

Three photos. All he had to take were three photos. Manager Hong would complain that this was not part of his job description. However, part of his role was to assist his Boss and this was part of her plan. He needed to support her.

Because she was his boss.

And she has been nothing but kind. Was she a strict person when it came to work? Yes. She was demanding on her staff and wanted nothing but the best. But it was something she expected from herself as well.

She was also generous with her praise when something went right and careful with her critique when something was amiss. This is the reason why, in spite of numerous offers to move to another job, she had stayed with Yoon Se-Ri.

That said, camping out on a rooftop to wait for Yoon Se-Ri and Lee Jeong Hyeok to walk out of a private exit of some building was not how Manager Hong planned to spend his Thursday night.

It was a strategic location for what they intended. It was a place frequented by stars because of the privacy accorded inside the venue. Getting out was tricky but Manager Hong and their previous agency were able to get Yoon Se-Ri in and out there before. This time, they needed to be less precise. In case no paparazzi would get the photo, then Manager Hong could get some.

He checked his watch. 11pm.

Looking at the exit, Manager Hong saw Jeong Hyeok's tall frame.

It was game time.

*

"No, absolutely not!" Jeong Hyeok protested vehemently at Se-Ri's suggestion.

"Come on! You won't really kiss me! Just bend down enough to look like it," Se-Ri said.

"Just being seen around is already a scandal, isn't it? Let's hold hands but no kissing," he insisted.

"Whyyyy noooooottttt?!" She wailed feeling like a complete creep for being the one to insist on a public display of affection. Luckily, they were at a private room and no one else heard this strange conversation they were having. "It's not like you're going to grab me on my butt... you think —"

"NO!"

Se-Ri laughed at the expression on Jeong Hyeok face. "Alright, no butt grabbing. But a kiss? Don't you want to kiss me?"

"Of course, I do. However, I don't want to do it for paparazzi or even for fake photographers like Mr. Hong," Jeong Hyeok stated with finality. "I know how these tabloids write things as well. I am already uncomfortable with what they might say about you. I'm not adding fuel to that."

Se-Ri was not surprised. He had been so supportive of her plans on this and was willing to play his part but one aspect did not sit well with him. No matter how much they build up his reputation so that the fans loved him, the probability that she will get bad press was ever present.

She knew that, was willing to take the risk and plan for a new life if that is what it came down to. He did not agree, knowing how much she loved her job.

Jeong Hyeok continued to participate only because Se-Ri assured him that this was what she wanted. He remains hesitant so he want to keep the "scandal" as mild as possible.