Chapter 17 - How Do I Live

A/N: Hello! The timelines are merging as we slowly get to the present time, I hope it's not too confusing! There will be less scenes from the past after this chapter... I think. =)

Thanks for checking updates and taking time to read this. ♥️

—-

Once she heard that click to signify that the door was shut, Se-Ri fell to the floor and let out the tears she was keeping at bay.

What happened? Did she just dream all of the past few days, weeks and months? Were they not in love?

For the rest of the night, she went through a plethora of emotions.

Confusion - Wasn't it just a few days ago when they were discussing about having children and the home they wanted to create?

Insecurity - Did I do something wrong? Maybe I didn't show him how important he was to me?

Anger - He promised that they would do everything they can to make their second chance work! Was this it? This was his effort?!

Disbelief - Was that it? Was he truly gone? If I look out my peephole, won't he be standing there waiting to apologize and take back all he said?

Resignation - He left. They broke up. Again.

And inevitably... Yearning - Please come back. Why did you just leave? We can work this out.

Over the next few days, those are the primary emotions she feels but once in a while, gut wrenching despair would hit her. He was gone.

Slowly, Se-Ri was able to put some pieces together as well. The problems and eventual closure of the restaurant, the involvement of Jeong Hyeok's father , but her father did not tell her anything directly. When she told him, they had broken up, all he said was "Good. You can do better than him."

She started seeing other people but none turned out as serious connections. It was unfair to the men to even try to go out for dinner when her heart wasn't really in it. She just needed a distraction and she thought this was the way to go. However, whenever no date would pan out through no fault of the men she went out with, she would go home and feel worse than when she started the evening.

In spite of all the personal issues she was facing, it was a good awards season for her. Se-Ri won multiple best actress awards in local and international competitions. She was grateful that her work was getting noticed and basked in the admiration she was being showered. However, when the door closed shut and she was in the safety of her apartment, she was alone.

And the one person she wanted to share it most was no longer there.

*

Before Jeong Hyeok flew out, he made sure to stop by Myeung-Sun's flower shop to make sure that the flowers would continue to be sent to Se-Ri. "She's up for many awards this year, please make sure she receives bouquets for all her nominations. Whether she wins or not, please send her flowers afterward, too."

"Why do you have to leave again?" Grandmother asked. "You need to be the one to be giving that girl the flowers."

"The timing is not yet right for us, Grandmother," he said.

Grandmother Myeung-Sun rolled her eyes at him. "Timing, pssh. There will never be perfect conditions. It's up to you to decide... and when you do THAT's the perfect time. You young ones. Father Time has a lot to do. Don't you go bothering him with your indecision."