Chapter 21 - Again

"Hyeoky," Se-Ri sighed as she pulled away. Jeong Hyeok gave her a ride home after her play because he didn't want her to commute going home that late. When he parked his car, they caught each other's eye and pulled one another into a passionate kiss.

They had been kissing each other for quite awhile now. "I have to go," Se-Ri whispered.

"Okay," Jeong Hyeok whispered, moving away, but still giving her pecks on her nose, forehead, cheeks and lips. "Bye."

Se-Ri pulled him in again. "Why is it so difficult to end a night with you?" she complained in jest as she kissed him.

"I don't like leaving you either," he assured.

They lost track of time but finally Se-Ri reluctantly went down from Jeong Hyeok's car. As much as he wanted her, he was not going to do more than kiss her in the car in front of her parents house.

She tiptoed inside their house, which was now dark, so that she wouldn't wake up her parents. She was almost at her room when, "Did you have a nice night, Se-Ri-ah?"

Se-Ri turned to see her mother eyeing her suspiciously. Her hair was a mess, her lips were swollen, and there was curious flush across her cheeks. "Yes, yes, Eomma."

Walking toward her, Se-Ri's mother assessed her with knowing eyes. "You and Jeong Hyeok be responsible, understood?"

Se-Ri blushed but nodded.

"Are you happy with him?" Her mother asked.

"Yes. I am very happy," Se-Ri answered.

"Alright then," her mother turned to walk away but Se-Ri called her back.

"Eomma, do... do you think it's possible to just have one great love in your life?"

Her mother tucked her hair behind her ear. "Yes. But don't forget that you are young and not even done with University. Be careful. When you're young, it is easy to mistake puppy love as the real thing."

~~~
Don't you stand there and then
Tell me you love Me then leave again
Cause I'm falling in love with You again

(Song Lyrics - Janet Jackson)
~~~

It was obvious that the call bothered Jeong Hyeok greatly. He was quiet and contemplative all throughout dinner. When they were done, he asked to call it a night at once. But Se-Ri wasn't having it. "We should walk the dogs first."

"Would that be a good idea? There might be photographers on the look out for you. I'll go and take them," he suggested.

"No," Se-Ri said, stomping her feet. It was childish, she knew, but a part of her worried that left to his thoughts, Jeong Hyeok would decide to end things with them again. "You are not taking the dogs and thinking alone and then leaving me again. You hear? No. No. No."

Jeong Hyeok saw that her eyes were now filled with tears and a worried frown creased her forehead. "Hey," he said gently, kissing her frown away. He hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry."

Se-Ri returned the hug, buried her face in his neck and sniffled.

Then, climbed him like a koala. "I'm hanging on to you for the rest of the night."