Chapter 7 - Back to You

According to Gwang Beom, Jeong Hyeok agreed to her request to meet with him and discuss the questions they both had on management direction of the company and the arrangements in running it. They decided on a date when they were both free but he would only be flying back in the afternoon so Jeong Hyeok would meet her at the restaurant, where he had another meeting before their dinner.

"Yoon Se-Ri."

Se-Ri turned to the direction of the voice that called out to her. She was waiting in one of the private dining rooms at a 5-star hotel in Seoul. Because of her fame, she came in through an entrance determined in advance by her security team, coordinated with the security team of Jeong Hyeok.

Se-Ri and Manager Hong insisted that their security detail can handle arrangements but Gwang Beom mentioned that Jeong Hyeok insisted. "Please forgive me, Ms. Yoon, but Mr. Lee specifically told me to make sure you are looked after. He worried that with the registration of the business, news might leak and you will be swarmed."

Jeong Hyeok strode in wearing a perfectly fit grey Tom Ford suit and Se-Ri had to will herself to avert her gaze. This man was too handsome for his own good and it seems like the two servers who were with him agreed because they could not keep their eyes away either. Extending a hand to shake hers, he asked, "Have you been waiting long?"

"Probably ten minutes. It's fine," she said. Motioning for them to sit, she glanced at his face, "You're tired. I hope this meeting won't exhaust you further."

He gave her a grateful look. "I'll be alright. It's just been a long week." The servers handed them menus and Jeong Hyeok promptly ordered some sashimi, "Do you still like salmon?"

She nodded. "Yes please. I'll have this salad, too." She pointed to the menu item.

Jeong Hyeok frowned but did not look up from what he was reading. "Please make sure the salad does not have nuts."

Se-Ri looked surprised that he remembered her allergy but tried to brush it off. There are lots of people with allergies to nuts, right?

"I'll have some ramen. Could you please make it extra spicy?" Jeong Hyeok said.

Se-Ri gave him an exasperated look. "Your stomach will get upset!"

"It won't!"

"Don't go complaining to me when you're doubled over in pain," she challenged. They stared each other down, when she realized that it wasn't her place to tell him what to eat or not. "Sorry. Eat what you want."

Jeong Hyeok pulled up the menu to hide his face because it was breaking into a smile. To the server, he said, "Please don't make it extra spicy. Let's keep it at the right amount because she won't help me."

When he looked at her again, Se-Ri was glaring at him. "Wasn't that one time you were rushed to the emergency room not enough for you to keep spicy food in check?"

He chuckled apologetically. "Spicy ramen just tastes so good and nice to have in a chilly night like this. I'm sorry. Thank you for your concern."

"I'm not concerned," she denied.

Jeong Hyeok scoffed.

When their eyes met, she was certain they were both thinking of that time when Se-Ri found super human strength to drag Jeong Hyeok from the couch, where he was clutching his stomach, to her small sedan and rushed to the hospital. "Don't you die on me, Mister. We haven't even gotten married yet!" she scolded.