Chapter 14 - Butterfly Kisses

A/N: I'm so sorry for the delay! Here's a short update but I will have another one before the weekend ends! =) Thank you for waiting!

---

Se-Ri had always been a Daddy's girl. Her father would always say that he fell in love with his daughter the moment he laid eyes on her and he has treated her like a princess ever since.

They were not rich but her father made sure to provide Se-Ri with as comfortable life as he could. The father-daughter bond did not end with the life that Yoon Keun-Suk provided. Se-Ri, in her pigtails and pink jumper, would often be found by her father's side learning to fix broken pipes or the car or anything that her father was tinkering on around the house. Yoon Keun-Suk bought her a set of play tools that she used to help do the repairs.

When she grew older and entered school, her father was present in every school activity she joined. Even after the initial disappointment of her choosing to act instead of going into business like they planned, Yoon Keun-Suk supported Se-Ri and watched every play, movie, tv series, commercial films and print ads that Se-Ri did.

When Se-Ri first dated Jeong Hyeok, Yoon Keun-Suk was wary of the young man. Keun-Suk only eased up a little when Jeong Hyeok applied for a job in his restaurant because he wanted to earn some money to get Se-Ri a gift. From what Keun-Suk knew, Jeong Hyeok's family was quite well off but the young man did not want to rely on the money he was receiving as an allowance. Keun-Suk respected that.

Keun-Suk vehemently disliked seeing Se-Ri lose some of the twinkle in her eyes when she first parted ways with Jeong Hyeok. He caught her crying in her room once. Bringing in a cup of tea, he consoled, "Hey, don't cry anymore. Save some of that for your movies."

"I'm just a bit sad, Appa," Se-Ri said in between sniffles. "I miss him."

"You're both too young anyway. No one marries their first love. You'll find another one soon," he assured.

But Se-Ri noticed a different part of what he said. "No one? No one marries their first love? So I'll never see Jeong Hyeok again?"

"Maybe you'll meet again one day but you'll both be happy in your respective marriages," Keun-Suk told his daughter, who started bawling her eyes out when he said that.

"Appa, you're not helping!"

Keun-Suk worriedly patted his daughter. "I meant that as a good thing. I just mean that it will get better!"

Se-Ri pouted and said nothing.

"Can you stop crying?" her father pleaded. 

"Okay, Appa."

"You'll be alright. Trust me," Keun-Suk said.

He was right. Eventually, it got better. However, Se-Ri still missed Jeong Hyeok and she felt like a part of her heart will always be his no matter what. 

Then, they met again. 

"I want to give Jeong Hyeok and I a chance, Appa," Se-Ri told him.

"Is that wise?" 

Se-Ri though about it. "I was the one who ended things before without trying out the long distance relationship he suggested. I want to make sure that this time we test all avenues to make it work."