Chapter 24 - Bless the Broken Road

Se-Ri turned over in bed trying to get Jeong Hyeok to wrap his arms around her because she was still too lazy to fully wake. What greeted her was an empty space.

Bolting upright, she wondered, was last night just a dream?

Se-Ri checked underneath the covers. Yup, she was naked, there where marks of him all over her, and she was sore. Blushing at how eager she was the night before, she shook her head to check one last thing.

The most important one.

Her ring finger

But it was bare. And so were her other fingers.

No!

'Wait. I took it off because I didn't want to scratch his face,' she thought. Turning to her side table, she breathed a sigh of relief when she found her beautiful engagement ring sparkling in the morning sun.

Slipping it on her finger again, she sighed happily as she was transported to Jeong Hyeok's wonderful surprise the night before.

"May I please have the honor of marrying you?"

In all her movies and television programs, she never thought it would feel like this. Their first engagement and proposal was more of a conversation. She loved it then and she still loved it now but last night was different.

She wanted it, heck even told her parents she would marry him before he even asked, but she was still stunned. Max and Mina started barking because she was taking a long time. Se-Ri realized she hadn't told him her answer yet.

"YES! Oh my god. Of course! Yes!" She knelt with him, too, and stroked his face. "Stay with me for the rest of our lives. You're the only one I want to be with in all lifetimes... it's you."

"I'll never leave you," he promised.

What happened next was a blur but Se-Ri was certain that it involved a lot of kissing.

"Good morning," came a deep baritone from behind her.

Holding the sheet up, she turned to see Jeong Hyeok, looking devilishly handsome, standing by the bedroom threshold. "Hi."

"Hi. I made breakfast. Do you want to have it outside or shall I bring it here?"

"Here. I'm not ready to move yet," she replied. When he disappeared, she took a robe to wrap herself in, before settling back in the pillows.

When he returned, he got in bed with her then handed her a mug containing her preferred brew. Few words were exchanged while they ate but there were lots of smiles on their faces and in their hearts.

When they were finally ready to go their separate ways to start the workday, Se-Ri kissed him lightly on the lips and whispered, "Thank you. I didn't know I could ever feel like this."

"What do you feel?" He inquired.

"Bliss."

*

"Manager Hong, a word please."

Those words used to bring dread to Manager Hong's fragile heart because, over the years, Yoon Se-Ri has 'fired' him multiple times. But, as he found out, those words are never serious. The message might be but never to put him out of work. So, he heads to her office to check what she needed.