Chapter 8 - Love Story

TOP STAR YOON SE-RI PUTS UP HER OWN AGENCY, PARTNERS UP WITH FAMOUS BUSINESSMAN

"Omo!" The beautiful lady across Jeong Hyeok looked up from the newspaper in shock. "Yoon Se-Ri? THE Yoon Se-Ri?"

"Yes," he replied, curtly. They were having breakfast at a hotel restaurant like they agreed to a few months back when this arrangement started.

"You did it! Don't mess up this time," the woman said. Before she could say anything more though, the person they were discussing just walked up to them.

"Jeong Hyeok?" Se-Ri called out.

"Hi," Jeong Hyeok stood up to greet her. When Se-Ri's eyes turned to his companion, he made the proper introductions. "Seo Dan, this is Yoon Se-Ri, my new business partner and the best actress in the country. Se-Ri, this is Seo Dan... we're... together."

Se-Ri drew her breath in sharply.

Seo Dan stood up, rolled her eyes at Jeong Hyeok and extended her hand to Se-Ri. "Hi! It's very nice to meet you. Please ignore the last thing he said. Are you alone?"

Se-Ri nodded.

"Please join us! Jeong Hyeok is leaving soon but if you don't mind I'd love to chat. I'm such a fan," Seo Dan said.

The energy from Seo Dan was so positive that it drew Se-Ri in. "I'd love to." When she was handed the menu, Se-Ri placed her order quickly so they could continue chatting.

Jeong Hyeok called the waiter back and said, "Could you kindly bring me some water? And a Cafe Americano for Ms. Yoon."

Se-Ri gave him a thankful gaze. "I forgot to order that."

"You'd be cranky without coffee so I thought it best to get you one," Jeong Hyeok said. When he turned back to Seo Dan, he found her looking from Jeong Hyeok to Se-Ri and then back with a smile on her face.

"That's so cute!" Seo Dan said.

"I'm so sorry," Se-Ri apologising to her, realizing that it was inappropriate because he was with someone.

Seo Dan rolled her eyes again. "Like I said, ignore what Jeong Hyeok said. We're not together. Please."

"According to our fathers, we are," Jeong Hyeok said.

"So? They're not the one getting married," Dan shot back gently. Turning back to Se-Ri, she shared, "Our fathers have this pact... but I'm in love with someone else. AND he's the one I'm marrying. Jeong Hyeok's alright, but he's kinda boring."

Jeong Hyeok's eyes widened in surprise. "HEY."

Se-Ri was confused. "Boring? He's the funniest person I know."

Dan gave them a skeptical look. "Okay. Anyhoo, I'm not marrying him."

"But... you guys are still... engaged?" Se-Ri had difficult even saying those words about him and another woman, no matter how nice Dan seemed to be.

"Oh goodness, don't use that term please," Dan begged. "We're not. It's just from an overwhelming sense of duty that Jeong Hyeok even uses that term, even remotely. He's just settling in and then we're facing our fathers to tell them we are disobeying them."