E L E V E N

The book name was changed to Till Death Do Us part, it is still the same story, I just wanted a title more fitting!

N I K O L A I

Moscow, Russia

Keira had managed to give my men the slip for the last two days, and her abilities at hiding were not sitting well with me. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pay her another visit so soon, but it seemed like she needed to know it was my game, and the only way she survived was playing by my rules.

Sighing I leaned back in my chair, the food in front of me untouched as Vlado sat opposite from me, Alexei and Ivan on my sides. Alexei was biting into his steak leisurely, appearing at ease, but I knew his other hand, the one under his table was wound around his revolver. He liked playing these games, Russian roulette just happened to be his favorite. Ivan sat straight, his eyes dancing from Vlado, his men, and our surroundings. My pistol, however, stayed on the golden tablecloth as an inevitable promise of violence and mayhem. I wasn't touching it, and I didn't have to, Vlado knew he so much as breathed wrong, and my hands would be wrapped around his throat, sucking the air out of him.

Contrary to what most people assumed, I didn't like killing with my gun, I'd take a knife of my fists any day. There's something more personal about having your hands around the fucker you kill, it was a thrill that no drug could ever compare to.

"I want a bigger cut. I know you've been making more than what you initially estimated for me, and as you are the only one I sell my product to, I need more." And there it was, fear had coerced him into dealing with me in the first place, now greed had him coming for more, but alas greed was a curse, and this time a condemned man would be casting it, after all, once the clock struck midnight, everyone was back to what they were, except in this case, it was a monster.

Alexei swallowed, and dropped his eating utensils, eyeing Vlado, "The terms of our agreement were very generous, and you signed it with your blood." Vlado straightened, his eyes on me as he completely disregarded Alexei. Big mistake on his part, being ignored wasn't something Alexei liked, and I was going to enjoy him tear Vlado.

"You want my product, you give me what I want, or I start selling to other people, and once they find out you're my client, I'll be big in the market." He had that right, but he was also forgetting, the king's horses were killed to dethrone the inglorious empire, and he was all but a little horse, I needed to finish the race and win this twisted game of debauchery.

"You could." I said, leaning forward, curling my finger around the trigger of the black metallic gun shining against the gold, "And you'll be a feast for my enemies. I pull my protection, Vlado, and you end up dead. Now you decide what do you value more money?" I took out a few dollar bills and threw them on his face, "Or your life," Alexei was up before and threw his knife down between Vlado's fingers as he flinched.

"I will not let you intimidate me into giving up my rightful share," He stood up from his chair, his fists on the table as he tried to tower over me. It didn't take a minute as a bullet sliced clean through his skull, and he fell, his head on the table, eyes wide, inexpressive.

Chaos erupted around me as I pushed the table up, and took cover. It didn't a genius to know it was a sniper.

"We need to get out of here," Ivan breathed, his shoulder touching mine as Alexei's face kissed the ground.

"A warning would have been nice before you shoved me down fucker," Alexei mumbled, glaring at Ivan as he turned over, laying on his back.

"I didn't have the time for your theatrics." Ivan looked around as the glass windows of the restaurant were covered with metal blinds. "Also we need to have a chat with Sebastian, he was supposed to have bullet-proof glasses in every building we owned." Alexei nodded, finally sitting up as darkness surrounded us.