S I X

K E I R A

Moscow, Russia

I'd gotten rid of Maxim, but I hadn't expected to do it with a man who could pass for Niko's doppelgänger. If it wasn't for the darkness in his gaze or the coldness that could've brought December winds to shame, I'd have taken him to be Niko himself. But my Niko wasn't shrouded in reckless tenebrosity like this man was. He looked deadly in his blue suit, and grey tie, again a painful reminder of the time I'd spent with Niko, fighting him on the color.

How long until the ghost of him would leave me too? I hoped never, but there were times when the pain was too much, and I didn't want a reminder of my fuck-up anymore.

I had no plan to fuck the man, but something about him pulled me in, and then his lips were on mine, his ruthless intensity was an ocean of deep depths, and dark secrets. Vertigo with a promise of mayhem, and I did nearly drown in his taste, but then he pulled away, his posture tightened, and his gaze became steel—cold, metallic, rivaling even the polishes suit of armor, and just like that the smoldering grey of dying ashes turned sinister.

The side of his lips tipped up in a smirk, but it didn't reach his eyes, he closed in, his breath warm against my skin, "I'll be very honest here. I want to fuck you, but that's all there's to it. I'll make you scream, but I don't give a fuck about pleasantries, no foreplay, not anything else, and certainly not your name."

The roughness in his voice echoed inside me, and again the similarities in his raspy voice with Niko's threatened to be my undoing, but I held back. This was means to an end for both of us, I had to remember that, so I curled my fingers around his tie, tugging at it as I brought him even closer, tilting my head to meet his eyes; the heat from his suited body had goose-bumps breaking on my skin "I don't care about your name, or anything else, and I don't want you to remove your mask while you fuck me."

It'd be better if I could imagine him as Niko. Perhaps he wouldn't have the same small mole as Niko on his cheekbone, then my fantasy would break.

"Good," He finished, his grip on me tightening, but just like that it was gone, and his fingers curled around my wrist as he yanked me from my spot, and lead me towards an empty corridor with doors on both sides.

"Where—?" The words were instinctive, they fell out like a vulnerability, luckily, he didn't dwell on it, or if he did, he didn't show. He was a dangerous man, his muscles strained against the confines of his suit, and I knew the hands he just used to pull me in after him inside an empty room had witnessed countless brutal acts. It didn't deter my determination, for reasons entirely unknown to me, I felt wetness pool between my thighs.

Locking the door, he held me against it just as he brought his finger upon my lips. He replaced his forefinger with his thumb as his fingers dug in my jaw, he ran it over my lower-lip, no doubt smudging the color all around it. "Unless you want to tell me to stop, I suggest you don't talk, little wolf." Little wolf. I didn't even know why he was calling me that, he'd called himself a hunter, and true to their spirit, he'd smelled my weakness, but this told me I wasn't the only one pretending that he was someone else. I smiled at that, holding his gaze.

He closed his eyes, sighed, and when he opened them again, metallic silvers fighting against the blood, his stance became more rigid, and he took a step back. "Take off your panties,"

He ordered, and fuck, I liked it. Liked how his voice had an edge to it, a challenge to run, a warning to stay.  A sin to harbor, and heaven to wreak havoc on. Tonight would be my ruin because for the first time in eight years it wasn't just about the sex. He looked and sounded too much like Niko. Tonight was my reckoning, but something told me I wouldn't be the only one going down in flames.