1.

I never wanted to move to Reseda. Colorado is my home, and the weather is way better. I like the cold. But, we didn't have an option. My mother has a better job opportunity here so I understand. Being a single mother is tough, so I understand what she feels. My father had a tragic death when I was a child. I didn't remember much.

My mother doesn't really talk about him much. Neither do I. It could be for the best, though.

My mom says,"it's time for a fresh start." But I don't feel like starting all over again, trying to make new friends.The complex we're moving to is called, "South Seas."

We're here. Gosh, this place looks like a dump. But, we can't get a house right now because none are available in the area. I'm grateful for what I have, but I just miss the old house. I'd love to go back to the old house.

"Look at the gorgeous blue skies, and the palm trees, Victoria!" My mom squeals. She has always wanted to live somewhere warm, somewhere with pretty skies. I guess California is the place for that.

"It's very pretty." I try my best to act excited because I want her to be happy. All I've ever wanted is for her to be happy. She's had a lot of trauma and sorrow.

"Vic, you take these suitcases and I will bring in the furniture." I start unloading the trunk.

I spot a tall, skinny, brown haired boy with his mother across the way. They seem to be unpacking too. The brunette glances at me and smiles.

"Hi there, I'm Daniel. Daniel, LaRusso." He says, introducing himself.

"Hey Daniel. I'm Victoria, or Vic for short." I respond, reaching to shake his hand which he gladly accepts.

"I guess we can be new awkward kids together." He says, scratching his head.

"I've been awkward for years but sure." I laugh.

We walk in together and talk about our old homes. He seems to not like Reseda already. I asked him about what he liked about it so far, but he gave negative responses. I scope out the scene some more and it seems that his father isn't in the picture.

"What apartment are you in?" I ask while lifting a heavy box. "Apartment 20." He says pointing to the door, with a small box being supported by his arm, lying over his leg while he fiddles with his keys.

"No way! I'm in apartment 21." I say, shocked and confused by all of the similarities. "What a coincidence!"

We look at the pool and then back at each other. It's clearly old, rusted, and dirty. It looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years.

"Excuse me, Isn't this supposed to be a heated pool?" He asks a boy around our age.

"Yeah..that's the only pool we have. It's kinda dirty now." He says laughing a bit.

"Oh okay." I say.

"You two are the new kids, right?" He asks us.

"Yep!" We say.

"Cool! I'm Freddy." He goes out to shake both of our hands. "Daniel."

"And I'm Victoria." I smile.

"Nice to meet you guys." Freddy says, giving a tight smile.

"There's a little gathering going on at the beach later tonight if you guys would like to tag along." He says.

I look at Daniel and he looks at me. I don't want everyone thinking I'm dating this kid. My first day here and I'm already bound to be judged.

"For sure. Sounds great." Daniel says.

Yeah, sounds real great. The suitcases aren't gonna unpack itself. I'll have to do it another night.

Daniel and I walk over to our apartments and see our mothers talking. I can only imagine what they're talking about, probably setting us up on dates. Well, Daniel already did that himself anyway.

"Hey, Ma!" Daniel says.

"Hey Daniel! I've made good friends with Victoria's mom!" She smiles wide. Her smile is beautiful. Bright, classy, and sweet.

"Great to meet you, Mrs, LaRusso." I greet her, while shaking her hand firmly but not too hard.

"Wonderful to meet you too, Sweetheart." She says with another one of her famous smiles.

"So Ma, Victoria and I are gonna go to the beach with some new friends, is that okay?" Daniel asks, hope plastered on his face.

"Yes! For sure!" Our moms both say. My mom probably just wants me to get out of the house. I promised her I wouldn't rot in bed in Reseda.  I used to rot in bed in Colorado. But what's the harm in bed rotting?

I run into the apartment, picking out what I should wear. I find a pretty red two piece bathing suit and put it on. A cashmere sweater and some shorts will do. I don't have time to dig for a coverup.

Daniel is waiting for me outside. He has some shorts on along with a graphic tank top. "Hey Danny." I wave, grabbing my towel.

We walk to the beach together since we didn't feel like riding our bikes there. It's nice to get a scenery of Reseda. California is beautiful, but not as beautiful as Colorado. I see a group of boys, and a few girls. Freddy is pretty much our guide, so he introduces me to the girls. Freddy steps away from his group and waves us over. "Vic, Dan. I'll get you guys settled in."

"Hey ladies. This is the new girl, Victoria." He says while gesturing me to sit with a small group of girls.

"Hi, I'm Ali! Come sit." Ali pats a spot next to her towel. I sit down and smile at all of them, grateful to be welcomed.

"I'm Susan. You're so pretty! Where are you from?" Susan asks while cleaning her fogged sunglasses. "Thank you, so are you! I moved here from Colorado."

"Wow! That's pretty far from here." Barbara gasps, her face exposing what she was thinking. Which was, "I could never be somewhere that cold."

"Yeah, it's definitely different. Cali is a dream though, what can I say." I respond, looking up at the sunshine.

"Let's go swim!" Ali says as she grabs my hand and pulls me towards the ocean.

"You girls go, we don't want to get our hair wet." Susan and Barbara say.

"Fine, you party poopers!" Ali calls out.

Ali and I really hit it off. She's a really nice person and I'm glad we're friends already. We swam for around two hours and then it started to get dark. We talked about pink stuff, the hot guys at school, gossip, and our favorite ice creams. I didn't want to get out but the sea  scare me a bit, only because of how deep the sea really is. I mean, think about it. There is so much depth to the ocean.

"You're such a cool person Victoria !" Ali says, wrapping a towel around me which immediately warmed me up.

"Thank you, Ali. Same to you... I didn't expect to make a friend so fast." I smile.

Danny accidentally kicks his ball towards us. He smirks. He knows what he's doing.

"He's kinda cute, don't ya think?" Ali asks. "He's not bad! But he's super nice, he's my neighbor."

"I'm gonna go talk to him." she smiles brightly, her curls bouncing as she pops up from the towel.

I talk with the other girls for a while and they fill me in on the latest things that the girls love here. They also mention that the boys here are obsessed with karate and martial arts. It's like, the most popular thing according to them. There's a lot more drama here than there was in Colorado. I hope I don't get into any.

"Who the hell are they?" I ask Ali.

"That right there, are the Cobra Kais." She nods her head over to them, not impressed.

"And right behind them is, Johnny Lawrence." Freddy says.

authors note.
1/8/24
it has been years guys!! heartbreaker is getting revamped?!? wowwww
i'm older now so i promise it's gonna be better and im redoing it all
y/n is now victoria we love that
i love you all so much.
- yours truly, author.