15.

"May I cut in?" Ali asks.

"No." Johnny says quickly. It's almost like he didn't even acknowledge her existence. Seems as if I've got him wrapped around my finger.

"I believe my daughter asked for a dance, Mr. Lawrence?" Ali's mother cuts in. Johnny doesn't give her an answer. He breathes in and keeps dancing with me.

"Come on, my Ali is much prettier than this repulsive girlfriend of yours." Ali's mother replies. Are you kidding me?

"Don't talk about her like that. She's beautiful." Johnny defends s me.

"Dance with her now." Sid says, sternly.

"Are you okay with this?" Johnny asks.

"Yeah. It's fine." I say. I wasn't gonna fight him. It's not like he was my boyfriend. He can do whatever he pleases.

Johnny grabs her hand and puts the other on her waist. He makes dirty faces at her and stays stiff when she hugs him. I'm so angry right now. Something rushes in my blood. Jealousy. I'm a jealous girl. I'm aware of that.
It's not good. He swiftly takes Ali's body and moves to the beat of the music. I assume he picked up the enthusiasm because of Sid's threats. I feel so out of place.

Suddenly, I see Danny in the kitchen window.
I run over to him. "Hey! What are you doing here?" I say, shocked.

"I was coming to apologize to Ali, and try and see you." He laughs slightly. Why does he want to see me?

"Oh. Well here I am."

"Why are they dancing?" He asks. Daniel looks like he wants to punch him. It was difficult. I'm supposed to be Johnny's date and it seems like Daniel was supposed to be Ali's.

"It's for like a publicity stunt or something." I mutter unknowingly. I didn't really have a clue anyway, the whole thing was unsettling. I wanted to like Johnny. I wanted to think that he was a good person. Maybe he is I'll never know until I try.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I know how you could be feeling right now." He says, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Wanna dance?" He extends his arm out for me to take his hand on the floor. Kids like us don't belong in a country club like this in the first place.

"You know what? Screw it." I say.

He grabs my hand and we dance slowly.

"You look beautiful." Daniel whispers in my ear.

"Thanks."

"What the hell! He's kissing Ali!" Danny yells.

"What?" I say.

"Look!" He says. I look. They really were kissing.

"Johnny!" I yell and punch him. I couldn't believe what was happening before my eyes.

"Victoria, wait!" He yells.

"You know, I really should have listened to everyone who told me to "watch out"." I yell.

"I can explain, please let me explain!" He says.

"No! I've had enough!" I yell. this night was so ruined. It was supposed to be perfect. I even thought he might ask me to be his girlfriend. I was finally starting to develop feelings for him. He showed me that he is not over Ali yet.

"Aww, poor Victoria . You should've been careful." Ali says, laughing.

"Don't you dare disrespect her like that!" Johnny yells.

"Aw, sorry Baby. I made you mad." Ali says, hugging Johnny.

"Get the hell off me!" Johnny shoved her lightly.

"Hey, it's okay. It's okay." Danny says as he hugs me.

"Thanks Danny." I say, hugging him back.

"V." Johnny says.

"What Johnny." I say with no emotion.

"Just listen to me!" He says.

"Go the hell home, Lawrence." Danny says, going up to Johnny. Not a fight, please not a fight. I can't deal with this again. They are so immature when it comes to this.

"Don't get me started on you."

"Johnny, I'll listen to you now." I finally say.

"Finally." He says

Danny follows behind.

"Get the hell out Danny, this doesn't involve you!" Johnny yells.

"I'm so so sorry, Vic. It wasn't what it looked like. I know guys always say that, but it really wasn't." He says.

"Then why did you do it?" I ask.

"She kissed me!"

"Really? Danny says you kissed her." I say.

"That asshole! I'll beat the hell out of him right now!" He yells.

"Don't." I say.

I stopped him from going any further. I didn't want Johnny to hurt Danny again. It's been too many times.

"I'm so sorry this date went bad," Johnny says with his face in his hands.

"I'm sorry." I say too. I caused a scene in his country club. "Don't apologize. This is my fault." He says.

"It's not our fault. It's Ali's." I huff out as I come to realization.

I finally get off the ground. Danny is still there waiting for me. He's probably wondering to see if I want to ride home with him on his bicycle. I don't think J will be going for that.

"Hey. Need a ride home?" Danny asks, revealing his bicycle.

"Nobody wants to ride your cheap ass bicycle." Johnny laughs.

"No it's fine Danny, I'm okay. Johnny's taking me home." I say.

"Oh." Danny says.

"We still on for bonsai trees and tea?" Danny asks.

"I'll see what I can do." I wink.

authors note
drama oo
ok so ty for the reads again love y'all
ali can fuck off tbh

- love author 💗💗💗