28.

I wake up in my bed, with Johnny's arms wrapped around me tightly. When mornings like these occur, I wonder how I even got here. Johnny was just some jerk at the beach and now I'm so attached to this jerk.

"Hey." He says in his morning voice. It's deeper and a bit raspy than usual.

"Hey Johnny." I say, stroking his hair lightly.

"We have to go to school." I get out of bed, about to grab my brush until he grabs my waist and makes me stay.

"No, I don't want to." He whines a little.

"Wanna skip?"

"Woah. You being bad for once?" He says with his eyes wide.

"Maybe." I say, with a soft laugh.

"What should we do then?" Johnny asks.

"There's like nothing to do, maybe bowling?" I say.

"Yeah, hopefully none of those people are there." He says.

"Oh god. Don't remind me." I say.

"Yeah, let's not go there. We can go to lunch at the country club?" Johnny says.

"That's sounds good, sure." I say in agreement.

"You know what we should do?" Johnny says.

"What?"

"We should dress up and then act like we're married." Johnny says.

"That would be stupid and fun." I say with a laugh. I put on a short floral dress and curl my hair. Proper, you know. Can't roll up with the bomber jacket, even though it's so iconic.

"You look so pretty." Johnny says, kissing my cheek.

"Thank you." I say with a sweet smile. I missed him. I missed his presence. Everything about this man.

"Of course."

Johnny changed into a black button down shirt with some tan khaki pants.

"Don't you look handsome." I say, grabbing his hand.

"Why thank you Mrs. Lawrence." He says with a cheeky smile. He spins me around and holds me.

My heart flutters.

"Mrs. Lawrence?" I ask with a laugh.

"Yeah. You're my wife for the day." He says.

"Fine by me."

"Hello Mr. Lawrence! What can we do for you today?" The waitress asks.

"Table for two." Johnny says.

"Do you have a reservation?" She asks.

"No, and I don't care my step father co-owns this place." Johnny says.

"Right. I'll get you a table outside near the water sir." She says.

"Okay follow me." She says.

We get seated and take a look at the menu.

"What are you getting?" I ask Johnny.

"Hmm.. probably the steak with a baked potato and vegetables." He says.

"Yeah that sounds good."

"I think I'm gonna get the honey glazed chicken with vegetables." I say. I haven't had a lot of rich people food in my lifetime. It's either really good or tastes fake. There's no in between.