38.

"Wake up!" Bobby yells, hitting a bell as he storms into the bedroom.

"Bobby, dude come on." Johnny groans, pulling me closer to him.

"What? It's Christmas eve!" Bobby says excitedly, jumping up and down.

"It's too early for this. Christmas day, understandable but not Christmas eve." Tommy groans.

"You guys are bums! It's literally 10 o clock lets go!"Bobby says, running in the kitchen.

"Hey Laura," Bobby says, rummaging through a bin of snacks.

"Hello, Bobby." She says as she begins to prepare the food for tonight.

"What are you making for tonight?" Bobby asks, munching on food.

"Probably a glazed chicken, mashed potatoes, and other stuff." She replies.

"Sounds pretty fire." Bobby says with a smile.

"Get out of my kitchen, away from my mother." Johnny says, kissing his mother's cheek.

"We were just talking sweetie, chill." Laura says with a laugh, shaking some pepper on top of the turkey.

"Yeah, Princess I can't drive you home today. I'm sorry," Johnny says, hugging me from behind, followed by a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh, why?" I ask.

"Just some extra training with Sid I guess." Johnny says, huffing out air.

"Okay, well I'll see you later tonight, yeah?" I say, planting a small kiss on his cheek.

"Yeah."

"I'm actually going home too, if you wanted a ride?" Tommy offers to me, shaking his keys.

I look at Johnny, his eyes already on mine.

"Yeah, that'd be great." I finally say.

"Cool. This is okay Johnny, right? I know we had a fight and all, but it's just a ride home?" Tommy asks.

"Yeah, go right ahead." Johnny says, with a fake smile.

"Don't be jealous." I mutter.

"I'm not." He whispers back, his jaw clenched slightly.

"Okay." I say with a laugh, not believing him one bit.

"Don't hurt her Tommy, I expect her to come back alive, with your driving..eh." Johnny calls out from the kitchen, his mom slapping his arm softly.

"Be nice, Johnny!" She says, Johnny rolling his eyes in response.

"Ready to head out?" Tommy asks with a smile.

"Yep." I say.

———
"So," Tommy says to break the silence.

"You excited for the tournament?" I ask, trying to make some type of conversation.

"Yes and no. Just a little stressed, what if we do bad? Then what will Kreese do?" He sighs, laughing it off.

"He's too hard on you guys." I say.

"Tell me about it, the man is mental." He says, turning a corner.

"I wouldn't say mental," I say, but get cut off fastly by Tommy.

"I think he really is. I know he's just our sensei, but he's abusive towards all of us and totally brainwashed Johnny." Tommy says.

"Johnny seems fine?" I say.

"He is now, because of you. God he was such a jerk. You think he's an asshole now? Boy, you have no idea how bad he used to be before you came into his life and showed him there's more to being rude, and showing no mercy." Tommy says.