Chapter 6

It was the end of the week again, and it came surprisingly quickly. The whole week at school, nothing worth mentioning happened. I attended school, hung out with friends, and even made some new ones. But I mostly stuck with the first crew I met.

Right now, we were in Amber and Jeremy's dorm, playing Monopoly. By 'we', I meant Amber, Kina, Alex, Jeremy, Ethan, Jayden, and me.

And guess who was winning? Not me.

I was out of the game. Actually, I was the second out. Ethan was the first. Alex came after me, and the rest were still in the game. On the board, there were stacks of green little houses and large red hotels laughing at those who landed on them, making me glad I got out before all the chaos arrived.

"This is boring!" Ethan whined, but they ignored him.

"Yes!" Kina shouted staring at her dice. "Doubles!"

She cheerily counted out eight spaces, but froze when she reached her destination. It was on Pennsylvania Avenue that had a hotel, which Amber owned. She grinned and held out her hand to which Kina grudgingly gave her money.

I yawned and from the corner of my eye, I saw Ethan grinning evilly to himself. When he saw me looking, his face went back to normal. But I knew exactly what he was going to do. In fact, I've done it a few times before.

"Three." I counted and Ethan knew I was with him so he grinned again and flexed his fingers. Everyone else looked at me with confusion, then Ethan. "Two." Ethan began laughing dramatically like an evil villain and I snorted. "One, zero."

Then he flipped the board over.

"What the hell?!" Jeremy shouted. "You asshole! I could've won this game!"

"No, I was winning!" Kina shouted, and it was most likely true. She had the most five and one hundreds in her hand.

"Whatever." Ethan shrugged it off. "Now that that's over, let's do something else, yeah?" he stood up and stretched his legs before seeing everyone who was playing glare at him. "What?"

"You're dead!" Jayden shouted and launched to punch his brother in the face. Everyone else backed off as the two siblings went one on one, but then Jeremy joined in and he and Jayden began beating Ethan.

"Ah! Man! I'm sorry! Geez! That hurts!" Ethan's voice screamed and I found myself laughing, along with the other girls. We didn't try to stop the fight, but it eventually ended when Ethan was lifelessly lying on the floor and the other two stood up and straightened out their clothes. "I'm gonna kill you two." Ethan gasped.

"Too late for that. We already killed you." Jayden stretched. "Now that that's over, let's do something else, yeah?" he repeated his brother's earlier words. "I'm hungry."

"Yeah, me too. Kicking someone's ass makes me hungry." Jeremy agreed and the two walked out the room together.

We girls just stared at Ethan who was still not moving on the floor, but he was breathing, meaning he wasn't dead. "Idiots have to clean up." Amber said, waving her hand before leaving as well.

The other two agreed and left. I continued to stare down at Ethan while grinning. "You know, I did that once. But it's probably because I'm a girl that I'm still alive."

"I think I'm officially a girl now." Ethan gasped. "Those two landed a good amount on my little man friend, rendering it useless."

I laughed and picked up the pieces, placing everything back into the box. Then I helped Ethan on his feet since he was still on the floor, groaning. He gasped and collapsed on the couch, to which I just stared.