Chapter 12

We all eventually got together and went back to my room again, of course with no Daniel, where Jayden was still asleep on my couch. I lifted him up so we were in the same position as before. Then everyone started asking me and Ethan what happened.

When I opened my mouth, Ethan shot me a look. I just smirked at him quickly before turning to the rest of them. “All I saw was that they were talking. But after I came, they stopped.” I shrugged.

At the corner of my eye, I saw Ethan’s tense body relax. But then everyone started asking him what the two of them were talking about. And he went back to his usual, joking self. He said he wanted to get busy with her, but from what I saw, I think it wasn’t something as simple as lust. Ethan wanted more from her than just a quickie.

As they were talking, I let out a long yawn, and they noticed.

“Weren’t you tired this morning, Mariam?” Amber brought up. “Maybe we should head back to our dorms. It’s getting late.”

I looked at the clock and saw that it was already past nine. They agreed on that and Ethan woke his brother up before Jayden groggily stood up and went to his own dorm as well. Even though I was really tired, I still had enough energy to take a nice calming shower and change into more comfortable clothes.

When I reached a hand inside my drawer, I ended up pulling out lingerie the girls bought me when we first went shopping. I was going to throw it back into the drawer and slam it shut, but the material felt soft underneath my fingers.

Slowly, I began to rub more of the clothes and it was so soothing that I decided to just try it on for once. After I changed, it was more comfortable than I thought it would be. So I made my mind to sleep once with the lingerie. And if I could bear through it for the night, then maybe I’ll wear it another night as well.

After I climbed under the covers, it was like sleeping on a cloud. The last thought my mind was one was, why didn’t I sleep last night?

>>>>><<<<<

My eyes opened at a slow pace. And I was faced with darkness. Then it hit me.

“Dammit! This is why I didn’t sleep!” I shouted. But then I slapped my hands over my mouth. “Did I just say that?” I jumped with glee and laughed with shock. “I just said it! I can talk on my own! I can control my body!”

“Yeah, you’re not the only one.”

I shot around to see Constantine standing there with a lazy face. It looked like he just woke up from his sleep. He was even carrying a big pillow under his arm. If I didn’t hate him, I would’ve called him cute.

Constantine was eyeing my body just as I was eyeing his. He wasn’t wearing a shirt and only PJs. My eyes were running across his bare skin, and I couldn’t seem to snap my jaw shut.

“If I knew you were wearing this, I would’ve come sooner.” I heard him say.

I shook my head and stared into his eyes, which were still running up and down my body. “I just came here, actually.” I spat. Then I turned around and began to walk away.

“And where are you going?” he called.

“Whatever.” I waved him off and closed my eyes. To myself, I whispered, “How about a big forest? Maybe the one around the school could be enough for me too.”

And slowly, the scene around me changed from pitch darkness to something more. Dirt began to color the ground and trees grew higher and thicker into the sky. Soon, the greenery around me became more and more beautiful, and I couldn’t help but giggle a little to myself before running straight into it.