Chapter 15

After all classes were over with, I was, of course, hanging out with my friends. But they noticed my strange behavior. I didn’t think I was acting any different from usual, but apparently I was. They said I was paler than a normal vampire and I was consciously touching my throat, which was weird. How could I not notice my own body moving?

I reassured my friends that I was perfectly fine and it was just because of the weird thirst. But I also told them that I was gradually getting better, which was partially true…I think.

But I couldn’t handle it. When I hung out with my friends, my mind kept on wandering back to Constantine and I couldn’t focus on anything but him. So I told everyone that I wasn’t feelings so good. They immediately got worried because what sort of vampire didn’t “feel good?” I was able to convince them to leave me along, but Jayden walked me to my room first.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked as we walked hand in hand. “I can stay with you if you want.”

“No.” I shook my head. “It’s fine Jayden. I think if I just drink some cans and head to bed, I’ll be fine tomorrow.” Good thing it was finally the weekend tomorrow.

He gave me a worried look, making me smile at him before I leaned towards him and we kissed. This wasn’t any quick pecks like before. Jayden initiated and kept our mouth moving more and more as he pressed me against the wall right beside my dorm room. Then he hesitantly entered his tongue into my mouth to dance with mine.

But I couldn’t get into it. These pair of lips was different from the ones I first kissed. These lips were uncertain and not as experienced. The other pair was bold and knew exactly what to do to get my body heating up and burning for more.

It was a good thing that Jayden wasn’t experienced though. Because if he was, he would notice that I wasn’t into it.

Slightly, Jayden pulled back to whisper, “Have you ever French kissed?”

“No.” I whispered, and it hurt when I remembered who I did it with. But I wrapped my arms around Jayden’s neck and pulled him in for more, trying to forget about the other guy and only remember Jayden’s lips on mine. Unfortunately, it was too late for that. My lips have already been branded by someone else, not my boyfriend.

After I pulled back, with the both of us breathing hard, Jayden leaned in for one last peck before he said goodbye and walked away. I watched him leave and disappear from this floor and sighed as I entered my room.

I took out a can of blood and drank it all in only a few gulps. But then I went into my bathroom and looked at my lips, seeing that they were barely swollen, barely hot, barely pulsing.

What sort of sick girlfriend was I? How could I be comparing my boyfriend’s kisses to another guy? And even worse, that other guy wasn’t even an ex-boyfriend or anything either. Really, the two of us were strangers now.

Even though I told my friends that I would be going to sleep early, I didn’t feel tired. Or maybe it was because my body was afraid to go to sleep. And I didn’t want to fall asleep in the first place anyway. But what was I going to do instead then?

I looked outside and saw that the sun was still barely bright, though it was slowly setting. It was barely past seven in the evening and I smiled to myself before I decided what I was going to do. I went into my bedroom and changed clothes. I wore some khaki shorts and a hoodie with some sneakers before standing out on my balcony.

Looking over the edge, I saw that it was a high fall. Any human who fell from his height would most definitely die. But luckily, I was a vampire now.

First, I took a deep breath before slowly climbing onto the balcony and sitting on the bars. Then I stared out into the forest and sighed. Who cares if I get caught? I need this time to myself.