|𝟎𝟏𝟕.|

-------
MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT - Elley Duhé

-------❦MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT - Elley Duhé❦

-------

COLD SWEAT WAS RUNNING down my spine as I stared at the car wreck in front of me.

Their bodies were lying right in front of it. No one was moving. No one was breathing.

Nothing.

I tried to move toward them but I couldn't move my body. It was like, I was frozen on the spot.

''Mom? Dad?'' I tried to lift my foot off the ground but I couldn't do anything.

From the corner of my eye, I saw how someone walking toward them which made me look up to see who was there. A tall dark figure stopped right in front of them, looking down at them. His face was covered but I could see his lips from here. He had an evil smirk on them.

He crouched down to my mother and moved hair strands off her face.

''Hey, don't touch her!'' I yelled, trying to move but I still was stuck.

My eyes widened when I saw my mother gasp for air. ''Mom!'' I called for her. The man in front of her moved closer to her and whispered something into her ear.

My mother's gaze fell on me once the man moved away from her. ''Micaela, please help me!'' tears shot out of my eyes as I watched my mother beg for my help.

''Help me, please,'' she tried to reach for me while I tried my hardest to get to her. I looked down and saw my feet getting sunk into the concrete.

''Micaela,'' her cries made me tear up even more and panic whilst trying to get my feet out of the ground.

''I can't. I'm stuck,'' I moved my gaze to the man who was standing a few feet away from my mother and watched her.

A scream escaped my mouth as I watched him pull out a gun and hold it right in front of my mother's head. ''NO!''

I woke up screaming, sweat was running down my face as I looked around the dark room. ''Fuck Mikayla, you scared me,'' I turned my head and saw Alec right in front of me. Inches away from my face.

He had his arm tightly wrapped around my waist and his other hand placed on my cheek while his eyes roamed my whole face in worry.

''Are you okay? I heard you scream for help so I tried to wake you up but you didn't react to my calls,'' he swept me into his arms making me gulp hard.